Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AM - Arctic Monkeys

Comments

• Mrs went to see them on friday at earls Court,had a good time,said AM were excellent but the night was totally ruined for her and her friends and no doubt lots of others, by scummy,disgusting little 'boys' throwing cups of piss everywhere. They were all hit by them at one point or another,so much so that some left,some stood at the back and one put her umbrella up. Might sound funny but Im pretty sure its something anyone on here would find revolting and Im probably not alone in thinking it would be a pretty good reason to resort to throwing a few punches. Think they should lay off the shandy and fucking grow up. Rant over.
  • Brilliant tribute by them to the late and great Lou Reed, fantastic cover of walk on the wild side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nHeZJfQ69I
  • Mrs went to see them on friday at earls Court,had a good time,said AM were excellent but the night was totally ruined for her and her friends and no doubt lots of others, by scummy,disgusting little 'boys' throwing cups of piss everywhere. They were all hit by them at one point or another,so much so that some left,some stood at the back and one put her umbrella up. Might sound funny but Im pretty sure its something anyone on here would find revolting and Im probably not alone in thinking it would be a pretty good reason to resort to throwing a few punches. Think they should lay off the shandy and fucking grow up. Rant over.

Always seems to happen with the 'lad' bands. Oasis at Wembley Stadium was a piss shower for about 2 hours solid!
  • cafctom said:

Mrs went to see them on friday at earls Court,had a good time,said AM were excellent but the night was totally ruined for her and her friends and no doubt lots of others, by scummy,disgusting little 'boys' throwing cups of piss everywhere. They were all hit by them at one point or another,so much so that some left,some stood at the back and one put her umbrella up. Might sound funny but Im pretty sure its something anyone on here would find revolting and Im probably not alone in thinking it would be a pretty good reason to resort to throwing a few punches. Think they should lay off the shandy and fucking grow up. Rant over.

Always seems to happen with the 'lad' bands. Oasis at Wembley Stadium was a piss shower for about 2 hours solid!
    stone roses at v fest was bad for this sort of thing, also noticed a lot of "lads" at arctic monkeys, there were about 20 tottenham in the pub before hand.
  • Wish it didn't happen but it does for any sort of guitar band these days. It was great going to Paris for some gigs last year and there was none of the piss throwing.
  • Now favourite to win the Mercury Music Prize tonight.
  • a lot of piss throwing at that im sure.
  • Flying out to Barcelona today to see them tomorrow night. Can't bloody wait.
  • Flying out to Barcelona today to see them tomorrow night. Can't bloody wait.

never been to a gig abroad would love to try it out one day see what another countries crowd are like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw the Jam at their height in Paris. Think that most of the enthusiastic there were from the UK, on the coaches leaving from Victoria station. Great days, wish I could have them back:(
  • Love the Arctic Monkeys but arranging an outdoor uk gig at the end of May is bonkers.

Might be a no from me on this one.
  • Fantastic night in Finsbury Park yesterday. Great atmosphere beforehand, the weather held off for us and the band put on a great show...can hardly speak at the moment :-)

For anyone going today, they had the front pit cordoned off for people with wrist bands, but they were just giving them out to anyone until it filled up. Just walk up and you should get in.
  • Mega jealous of everyone going to these gigs.
  • Went last night and going again tonight. Was a great day yesterday.
  • As much as I like the arctic monkeys, and I'm not one of those who disliked the new direction, Alex Turner is really turning into a bellend. Getting so far up his own arse, and I can't recall another frontman who try's so hard to be rock n roll and fails
  • As much as I like the arctic monkeys, and I'm not one of those who disliked the new direction, Alex Turner is really turning into a bellend. Getting so far up his own arse, and I can't recall another frontman who try's so hard to be rock n roll and fails

Their record sales and sell out gigs say otherwise.
  • Could hear the gig loud and clear from my balcony
  • I feel indifferent about them.

Seeing them doesn't appeal to me greatly these days. My mates are going today, I was supposed to join but actually a bit relieved I didn't bother in the end.

Flat, dull, shite.
  • Dave2l said:

I feel indifferent about them.

Seeing them doesn't appeal to me greatly these days. My mates are going today, I was supposed to join but actually a bit relieved I didn't bother in the end.

Flat, dull, shite.

Blimey...how do you feel when you're not indifferent?? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:

Dave2l said:

Flat, dull, shite.

Blimey...how do you feel when you're not indifferent?? ;-)
    Like a panic knob
  • Dave2l said:

Flat, dull, shite.

unless you regularly listen to death metal, i think arctic monkey's stuff can be described as anything but.
  • Thought they were incredible again tonight, I can buy the Alex Turner hate from people but for it's just good to have someone in music with a bit of character. He might not be nailing it, but he's certainly got people talking lately which is more than be said for most of the other stuff out there at the moment.
  • I saw them in Southampton before they released they're first album and I was firstly astonished at how young they all were and looked, but also how alex turner was very much being a cool little shit by just saying the next song and very much giving a good impression of being much cooler than every other person in the venue by being a bit condescending. And by god it worked, like mgmt and justice they are so obnoxious it makes me like them more. A bit like cats really.

I might got to have seen oasis at the start and got on the libertines bandwagon after their first wave of brilliance but at least me and whoever else was in Southampton that night could say we saw a group of boys on the brink of awesomeness.

They have struggled to make an album as satisfying and as exciting as that first one though. Understandably
  • Fantastic seeing them Saturday, played some of my favourite tunes, great set up with revolving stage etc. Brilliant.

What else I thoroughly enjoyed was the warm up shows, having seen Miles Kane before I knew how good he would be (very good), but I was pleasantly surprised by Royal Blood. Went into the gig I thought they're too heavy for me, they were party starters!

Safe to say wearing white trainers wasn't a good shout.

Ultracheese WTF?
  • edited April 2018
    Sounds like Alex has been on the gak in a big way from that bit
  • Humbug part 2. I won't mind but can see a lot of people hating it.