Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Rigby Memorial Game

edited June 2013 in General Charlton
Is this now not happening ?----------------just let it fade away ?
maybe some of the great and good are still attempting to get something organised---if so let us know.

shame on me for my spelling

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Who's Lee Riley? ( name in original heading)
  • Options

Is this now not happening ?----------------just let it fade away ?
    maybe some of the great and good are still attempting to get something organised---if so let us know.

It's Lee Rigby...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You seem to have forgotten his name already.

Let's not make this an excuse to score cheap points.

It was an idea on CL. The Club never said there would be a game.

If people really want to ask email steve.bradshaw@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    no true they didnt say there would be and various people said they would see what could be done im asking if thats now hit a dead end.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Goonerhater, I think you should correct the title out of respect to Lee.

Click on the "wheel" on the right hand side of your original post & then click on edit & correct it. (Sorry if you already know how).
  • Options
    i did
  • Options
    It's Rigby.
  • Options
    other than my spelling anyone gona actually say if anything is being done---out of respect to Lee !
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's got no 'e' in it mate

The statement from the club said they would look into something and get permission from Lees family. It's probably still early stages and perhaps it's all abit too raw for his family, especially considering our location.
  • Options
    Still plenty of time before the first game-----no reason collections cant happen in the Cons and Lib
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he a United fan? If so why don't they do a game. Think its a lovely idea but don't see why CAFC should do it
  • Options
    cafc4ever said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he a United fan? If so why don't they do a game. Think its a lovely idea but don't see why CAFC should do it

Nobody said we had to do it, just due to the incidents location and a sign of our community impact as a football club, a lot of fans thought it would be a good idea and emailed the club.
  • Options
    it would be nice if the club do something though I know its going to be hard to arrange something pre season ,be nice to see it gh
  • Options
    I have asked Adele re the collection at the Lib she will confirm if ok to do a collection. Will ask Tom at Cons if still open.
  • Options
    Looks like it's gonna be brushed under the carpet by the club aswell.

Shame.
  • Options
    I dont think anyone can aim anything at the club tbh

It was and is a cracking idea which may well have been proposed higher than any of us know

To me the ICT game would be an ideal game to do something

Mainly due to the fact there are so many brave boys and girls in regiments from scotland alongside the fact that woolwich and greenwich are steeped in military history

Let alone the fact that the whole disgusting episode happend on our doorstep

If we dont get the game msybe with Redcard we could as fans use it to lay poppy wreaths from both sets of fans and a mins silence in memory of Lee

• Options
    The club may allow the ground to be hired if the fans want to try and organise something. If someone knows Jim Davidson he might be able to get some big names down. I think if the fans do nothing and expect the club to do something we'll end up with nothing being done.
  • Options
    The club has offered to mark the memory under the wishes of the family which I feel is 100% the right path of action. I would expect that the club will wait until the family are ready to respond and would suggest that is not in the forefront of the families minds at this time and the club should not be pushing to be either.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    SE10 said:

Shame.

Pretty harsh. Have you considered that maybe the family don't want it?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRF said:

SE10 said:

Shame.

Pretty harsh. Have you considered that maybe the family don't want it?

I don't think that's the point for some.
    If there has to be something it must include the family and accommodate their wishes. It might be more appropriate to mark this at a later date.

• Options
    Dont forget Armed Forces Day at the Barracks this saturday.

http://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/Greenwich/YourCouncil/HaveYourSay/GreatGetTogether/
  • Options
    as said could be a number of reasons that the club havnt yet been able to undertake anything. A collection (if only in the Lib/Cons) wont raise a huge amount but it shows that we as fans of the local football club are doing something even if its small.
  • Options
    Good idea gh
  • Options
    Nolly what peeps dont know is i have asked Billy and Tom to charge a £5 to get out mate !
  • Options
    Alex Aldridge @accordingtoaldo 55m
    On the day a cancer charity became #millwall's new shirt sponsor, a group of the club's fans donated £3,400 to the family of Lee Rigby.
    View details ·

South London Press Tweet
  • Options
    Well done to them
  • Options
    Fair play.
  • Options
    Doffs cap
  • Options
    well done to the Bermondsey Pikes must have been a lot of gold fish flogging to get £3K . Struggling to get a few hundred quid here.

Looks like the Cons is shut.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!