Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon /Andy Murray

Murray about to start v Becker.

Comments

• Options
    come on Tim .. I mean Andy .. good Murray profile on TV last night
  • Options
    Always been a big fan of Murray, apart from the occasional injury histrionics on the court, and believe he gets a lot of unfair flack from the public sometimes. Hope he can go on and win Wimbledon this year.
  • Options
    C'mon Andy
  • Options
    let's go Andy! let's go!
  • Options
    Nadal two sets down...
  • Options
    Has anyone done the "he's British when he's winning, Scottish as soon as he loses" "joke" yet ?
  • Options
    Murray 1 set up
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Has anyone done the "he's British when he's winning, Scottish as soon as he loses" "joke" yet ?

About 3 times on my Facebook page already
  • Options

Nadal two sets down...

Nadl is unfit according to Becker (Boz) & co ..
  • Options

Nadal two sets down...

Nadl is unfit according to Becker (Boz) & co ..
    He looks it. Shame. He's clearly injured. He was immense at the French Open.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Deja vu for Rafa potentially?

Quite funny after reading in the Times yesterday how it was a disgrace Nadal would only be seeded 5th...

Handy for Federer...
  • Options

Quite funny after reading in the Times yesterday how it was a disgrace Nadal would only be seeded 5th...

Handy for Federer...

nowadays the seedings are done, with agreement from the Pro Tennis 'union', according to current form/world ranking .. Wimbledon used to get a bit of leeway over this, but no longer I think. Nadal has missed a lot of time over the past year or so following his dreadful knee injury and consequently has fewer ranking points than usual
  • Options
    no pressure for Darcis !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Nadal out.
  • Options
    great stuff ... nerves of carbon fibre
  • Options
    From a distance I thought Chris Solly had beaten Rafael Nadal
  • Options
    To be fair, Solly is so effin quality it would have been no surprise.
  • Options
    He battered him you can only beat whats infront of you and if nadal was not fit he shouldnt have entered

Nadal underestimated his opponent and tried to not go full tilt to try to conserve his energy and fitness but by the time he needed to pull something out the bag his knee was not strong enough to do it

Shame as he is a tremendous tennis player or was
  • Options
    Murray 2 sets up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Splodge said:

From a distance I thought Chris Solly had beaten Rafael Nadal

He certainly runs like him - perhaps just a bit taller than five foot three, though?

• Options
    Now come on, Andy...
  • Options
  • Options
    JT said:

Brilliant !
  • Options
    Come on ward!
  • Options

Handy for Federer...

nowadays the seedings are done, with agreement from the Pro Tennis 'union', according to current form/world ranking .. Wimbledon used to get a bit of leeway over this, but no longer I think. Nadal has missed a lot of time over the past year or so following his dreadful knee injury and consequently has fewer ranking points than usual

Ironically he'll actually lose points now as he got knocked out in the 2nd round last year.
  • Options
    Its a good game this one B
  • Options

Handy for Federer...

Ironically he'll actually lose points now as he got knocked out in the 2nd round last year.
    t b h I am surprised that Nadal has come back as well as he has. Given the way he plays and his build I thought that his career was finished when he sustained his knee problem. He has been at the top since he was in his mid teens, a lot of games and bodily stress as well as success. I suspect that we have well seen the very best of him. To state the obvious, that is the fate of all sportsmen. Injury or simple old age catches up some day.
  • Options
    Thought the programme on Murray last night was very good. Really hope more than ever that he makes it the final this year; as we got tickets for it - in the ballot!
  • Options
    Just got home from Centre court today. My first ever visit. Murray was tested but played quite well. Federer was very smooth and Sharapova is positively Amazonian!!!!