Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tiscali

edited June 2013 in Not Sports Related
I cannot open my Tiscali emails and have not been able to for a week or so now.

Is it just me or is anyone else suffering the same problem?

It's been hassle from day 1 10 years or so ago now so I rarely use the address but there are some people who have it so I would like access to it.

I don't want to take out a mortgage to phone India or somewhere on a premium number with the corresponding damage to my heath when they don't understand or choose to ignore the problem. Do any of the bright sparks on here have any (sensible!) ideas?

Comments

• Options
    First, are you using an email client, like Windows Live Mail or something? Have you tried opening your mail direct from the firms web site? Am I correct in thinking that this was one of the firms taken over by Talktalk? If so, I had problems with them a few weeks back (after, I think, they'd done some work on their servers. Maybe something similar?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

First, are you using an email client, like Windows Live Mail or something? Have you tried opening your mail direct from the firms web site? Am I correct in thinking that this was one of the firms taken over by Talktalk? If so, I had problems with them a few weeks back (after, I think, they'd done some work on their servers. Maybe something similar?

I've no idea re point 1 I am a technophobe! I do have a Hotmail address which, without any input or approval from me, changed itself to outlook relatively recently! I could still do what I do though so thought no more of it.

Yes Tiscali were taken over by Talk Talk but it has worked since then.

The problems have persisted for a while this time though.

I've tried deleting cookies, browsing history etc but still get the same lack of response.

• Options
    http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/email/email-known-issues

As stated above, seems they have issues which are being worked on.
  • Options
    Okay, when in outlook, click on "Tools" then "Accounts". Highlight your tiscali email address and click on properties. Choose the "Servers" tab and check the listed details against these:

Login: username@tiscali.co.uk (User name is your email address obviously!)
    Incoming email: (POP3) pop.tiscali.co.uk
    Incoming Port: 110
    Outgoing email: (SMTP) smtp.tiscali.co.uk
    Outgoing Port: 25
    SSL: No
    Outgoing Authentication: No
    FTP server ftp.myweb.tiscali.co.uk
    Webspace address http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/directoryname

If anything is different from above try changing to these settings. (WRITE DOWN THE OLD ONES SO YOU CAN REVERT TO THEM IF NEEDS BE).

If that fails try logging on to your mail direct from www.talktalk.co.uk. Click on the mail tab and enter your email address & password - that might work.