Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

End of season DVD

Just wondered if anybody knows when or if the end of season dvd is coming out? I haven't seen it advertised but always keen to buy it.

Comments

• Options
    They showed a picture in the Bristol City programme of Michael Morrison being interviewed for the DVD. Didn't come out till July last year though.
  • Options
    The official twitter said it is well into production.
  • Options
    Got mine through today went to play it works but no sound times must be really hard ,probably a job lot of cheap dvd disc from Trotters Independent Traders,anyone else got this problem with there DVD?
  • Options
    Don't know anything much about this, but I did get a message which suggested they were struggling to get hold of the guy who has done the encoding and duplication for me for many years.
  • Options
    There is also a problem with my DVD where the match action on every game is like a very jittery VHS where someone is pressing pause then play all the time. The interviews with the players in between games is the normal smooth picture quality, but the match action itself is very poor. Very disapointing.
  • Options
    Mine is also jittery all the way through.
  • Options
    Took mine back today exchanged it for another one haven't tried it yet but by the looks of things there all dodgy
  • Options
    Sold by Zheng Zhi?
  • Options

Sold by Zheng Zhi?

No stereotyping of the Chinese there then.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Sold by Zheng Zhi?

No stereotyping of the Chinese there then.

Nope.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep.
    Large perhaps you could come round to my place and tell my Chinese wife that racially her kind sell dodgy DVD's, perhaps you could tell my mixed race son that he, and his relatives are typical of those slant eyed sub-humans that rip-off the noble English by selling them dodgy DVD's at mainline railway stations.
    Perhaps you could throw in stuff about being inscrutable, or brainwashed automatons too. After all you wouldn't be stereotyping the Chinese would you?
    OK, tell me your snide comment about Zheng Zhi was because you personally know the bloke, and know he is prone to selling 2012/2013 Charlton season DVD's.
  • Options
    watched mine for 5 minutes and got a massive headache due to the jittery picture. gonna have to send it back. gutted
  • Options
    I think you've probably been a lot more offensive Seth in your few aggressive comments than Large was.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I think you've probably been a lot more offensive Seth in your few aggressive comments than Large was.

I assume you mean by his references to the Chinese? Yes, obviously, because he has a Chinese wife and half-Chinese son who have been subjected to racism in varying forms at many points throughout their lives. It's not hard to imagine what people might have said; further to that, it's not hard to imagine that Large's comment is an opening toward those same attitudes.

Toleration - and appreciation - of even the slightest racial jibe has the potential to allow further, more offensive, comments on the subject to be taken in the same light. I am loath to use the "slippery slope" fallacy here (for that's what it is, a fallacy) - but it has rung true for me many times in my life. It got so bad that at one point I just gave up and rolled with any abusive comments. That's not to say it doesn't hurt.

Having said the above - I am certain that no-one here relishes racism; CL is a quality site with many an articulate and intelligent poster (yourself included Glenn) and I'm just disappointed that this comment is being even vaguely defended.
  • Options
    WSS Moderator
    7:40PM

Um,how?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2013
    I'm in no position for Large to defend his comment Paddy, it's up to him to defend himself should he feel the need to.

Do I find his comment offensive? No, but then again I'm in the fortunate position to have never been subjected to racial abuse in any form. Equally I'd like to think i'd stand up for anyone who was being subjected to abuse in my eyes.

If Large had said "probably made by some f*cking Chinese bloke" then I would certainly pulled him up on it. In my mind its about context but you're in a personal position different from mine and you have the right to pull him up on it - never going to say you (or anyone else) shouldn't.

I felt your dad's comments were just a bit too heavy that's all but then again, personal experiences play a part in that. Not judging in anyway - glad you both speak up about it if anything.
  • Options
    WSS said:

WSS, my initial response was seven words long.

The 'nope' from Large provoked my further response.

The 'nope' is the written equivalent of 'who are you, what's your problem? So what to what I have written'.
    I make no apologies for what you describe (and I would dispute) as my 'few aggressive comments', because I felt that Large was simply laughing at my questioning of his stereotyping.

Instead of enquiring as to whether Large was stereotyping, maybe I should have upped the ante and enquired about his/her overt racism.
  • Options
    Well, that escalated.
  • Options
    Well said, Seth.

I wonder if Large might feel it appropriate to apologise for his thoughtlessness

• Options
    Just tried watching mine and the quality I'm afraid to say is absolutely awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same here just started watching it, seems like its on fast forward & jerky to say the least so we have all
    got the same problem im afraid
  • Options
    Sounds like another fuck up that would never have happened if they hadn't sacked God.
  • Options
    This is quite a disaster.

I guess they will have to recall all of them and do them all again. I hope that the company that made them haven't been paid yet and/or are financially strong enough to replace all the dud DVDs .

I can't help but think that it will reduce sales if they are delayed for another couple of months before they are able to sell them.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Sounds like another fuck up that would never have happened if they hadn't sacked God.

Gold!! haha
  • Options
    A bad batch of DVDs mines jittery.
  • Options
    Pico said:

Well said, Seth.

I wonder if Large might feel it appropriate to apologise for his thoughtlessness

Having only just picked up again on this thread I have indeed sent Seth a personal message apologising for my somewhat silly remark that certainly wasn't meant as a racial slur as I abhor racism as indeed I do discrimination in any way, shape or form.

• Options
    All OK, let's move on.
    Thanks for the tips anyway, I won't be buying one.
  • Options
    Well done gents.
  • Options
    If all the DVDs are like this the club can point it out to the production company who might be able to sort it out.
  • Options
    called the club this morning, they are in contact with the production people. they say there should be an official story on the site at some point this week