Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any company law peeps on here?

We are looking for someone willing to give a small amount of time for free to CAS Trust with expertise in this area, as a sounding board and ocassional expert opinion.

Please inbox me if interested.

Thanks

R

Comments

• Options
    Problems with your Director's Service Contract Razil :-)
    Then Michael Slater's your man surely?
    Serioulsy though, I suspect the complexity of the legislation and the extensive case history means written expert opinion isn't easy to track down or cheap.
    Some solicitors won't see so much law (CA2006 alone is 1300 sections and 15 schedules long) in their lifetime.
  • Options
    sure, at the moment I am talking about potential government legislation proposals on football governance
  • Options
    I see. So, for example, there's likely to be an immediate clash between Part 10A Chapter 8 of CA2006 (which protects directors' private addresses) and the proposed "full transparency of club ownership" then. Not to mention that a private company only needs one director as a "natural person" and the other(s) can be corporate directors?
    Sounds like a minefield.
  • Options
    I think we have a volunteer ^^
  • Options
    what she said :)
  • Options
    I suspect you'll need the services of a lawyer, Razil, and I'm not one. (I just spent some time on secondment at the DTI (as was) doing companies act investigations. Hence the modicum of knowledge on the subject.) As we all know, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!
    If you've got a specific question/topic, I can try twisting the arm of a mate who is a barrister. But he's in-house so couldn't provide written opinion.
  • Options
    Get that man in a Skype call Razil
  • Options
    Isn't this the sort or thing that it would be better to go through Supporters Direct (or similar) for as I agree with cafcfan that it is complex and something that will affect more clubs than just ours.
  • Options
    thats just one of a number of things we need advice on