Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hearts: Edinburgh club put squad up for sale amid financial crisis

Hearts will listen to offers for their entire first-team squad in an effort to keep the club afloat.

The Edinburgh club said it was the result of other revenue "drying up".

A Hearts source has told BBC Scotland that they need to raise a "significant six-figure sum" before the weekend to be able to pay wages due to players.

Hearts face uncertainty with a debt of £25m - £10m of which is due to their parent company, UBIG, which is claiming insolvency

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22888346

I wonder if there are any players worth looking at?

Comments

• Story underneath. 27th May. Danny Wilson signs from Liverpool on 3 year contract...

They were happy to see Rangers go aswell!
  • Without knowing the extent of our transfer war chest for the summer it's hard to say but Hearts are a carcass which has already been picked over. They had to go to their fans for donations to kerp them going earlier this year.

There are maybe a couple of players I'd take on a free + very low wages as absolute squad players - Hammil being the main one that springs to mind.

Interesting that they've come out so publicly with this as everyone knows that essentially every SPL team bar one is pretty screwed and therefore every non Celtic player in that League is available cheaply, Hearts must be extra screwed if they feel the need to remind everyone.

This cluster f***k of finances was always on the cards in Scotland but the rush to kick Rangers out of the league sealed many of these clubs own destiny.
  • So having the Rangers fans visit twice last season would have prevented this?

Is it not more a case this has been ongoing for a few years now with Hearts.
  • Unfortunately there is very little quality at hearts at the moment and even as a fan there isn’t a player hat I could single out as one that I’d like Charlton to snap up*.

*if they were to come down for a trial i'm sure cp would find at least one player that would add something to the squad.

As for them declaring this publicly, it is very much down to the owner wanting to pay as little back as possible as he is claiming to be bankrupt himself.

SE10, I take it you are referring to the club owners being happy to see rangers go rather than the fans?
  • MrOneLung said:

So having the Rangers fans visit twice last season would have prevented this?

Correct!

But that wont stop the OF media spreading their propaganda, as well as Rangers piping up about it....

• Hearts should join the English league.

Lots more sponsorship and TV money. Would make a good away day too (not that we'd take many as they would bring to us but they have fans living in London and it's on Tuesday and blah blah blah)

Leave Rantic and Celgers on their own to play Ross County and Inverness
  • Kent_red said:

MrOneLung said:

So having the Rangers fans visit twice last season would have prevented this?

Correct!

But that wont stop the OF media spreading their propaganda, as well as Rangers piping up about it....

Are you quite sure sure ? Scottish football was always on this course but are you genuinely saying you don't think Rangers not being in the SPL has hastened the journey ? How could it be any other way? Any league which relies on the income generated by the presence of two clubs is going to suffer massively when one of thems gone.

I don't think you could call it OF propaganda given that both Rangers and Celtic are fairly happy with the situation.
  • edited June 2013
    Romanov, the owner is on the run from the Lithuanian police. I wonder if he will undergo the same fate as befell his Tsarist Royal Family namesakes .. do NOT f**k with Lithuanian O B
  • He is in fact Russian, he made his fortune in Lithuania making and selling counterfeit clothes
  • He's quite the character
  • Sponsored links:

• He's quite a something.......
  • LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

fuck em
  • scotland to go the german fan owned model perhaps?
  • They were on the brink anyway, nothing to do with the demise of Sevco. If I were a Hearts fan I'd be happy that my club did the right thing rather than buckling and allowing newco back into the top two divisions, even if it did cost me. Doing the right thing is better than whooring yourself. Agree with SE9 anyone of any use has already been had. Don't really see any players being of use to us. John Sutton maybe I suppose.
  • razil said:

scotland to go the german fan owned model perhaps?

I think it's the Greek model that SPL clubs are following !

• The issues with the parent company and the bank meant that Hearts were, in my opinion, likely to have issues further down the line. However, the absence of Rangers from the SPL has, it would appear, brought these problems forward. Hearts have a cashflow problem and need £500,000 to get them through to the start of the season. Had Hearts played Rangers twice this last season they would have had the equivalent of two attendances increased by say 10,000 people, at say £20.00 a head, that's £400,000. They would also have had increased food, drink and programme sales. Whilst had Hearts played Rangers, they would have had some increased costs, it is clear they would have generated substantial funds which would have been of use at this moment in time.

Whilst not a Hearts fan, I for one would be sad to see Hearts go out of existance, a club with 4 league titles and 8 FA Cups.

• The issues with the parent company and the bank meant that Hearts were, in my opinion, likely to have issues further down the line. However, the absence of Rangers from the SPL has, it would appear, brought these problems forward. Hearts have a cashflow problem and need £500,000 to get them through to the start of the season. Had Hearts played Rangers twice this last season they would have had the equivalent of two attendances increased by say 10,000 people, at say £20.00 a head, that's £400,000. They would also have had increased food, drink and programme sales. Whilst had Hearts played Rangers, they would have had some increased costs, it is clear they would have generated substantial funds which would have been of use at this moment in time.Whilst not a Hearts fan, I for one would be sad to see Hearts go out of existance, a club with 4 league titles and 8 FA Cups.

don't let the pro rangers bollox get in the way of the fact that the ground only holds about 4 thousand more than the average home attendance at tynecastle

• The issues with the parent company and the bank meant that Hearts were, in my opinion, likely to have issues further down the line. However, the absence of Rangers from the SPL has, it would appear, brought these problems forward. Hearts have a cashflow problem and need £500,000 to get them through to the start of the season. Had Hearts played Rangers twice this last season they would have had the equivalent of two attendances increased by say 10,000 people, at say £20.00 a head, that's £400,000. They would also have had increased food, drink and programme sales. Whilst had Hearts played Rangers, they would have had some increased costs, it is clear they would have generated substantial funds which would have been of use at this moment in time.Whilst not a Hearts fan, I for one would be sad to see Hearts go out of existance, a club with 4 league titles and 8 FA Cups.

don't let the pro rangers bollox get in the way of the fact that the ground only holds about 4 thousand more than the average home attendance at tynecastle
    Either way that's an additional, say £150-£200k which I'm assuming Hearts could really do with.
  • Pissing into a hurricane. Either way just maybe they thought it would be better to do the right thing rather than cheat in order to get a few crumbs off the disgraced lord's table.

Anyway, here's a cake for all the bears. Dry your eyes and celebrate Newco's achievements in Scottish Third Division. The only straight title you've won since the EBTs TBF

• Sponsored links:

• Pissing into a hurricane. Either way just maybe they thought it would be better to do the right thing rather than cheat in order to get a few crumbs off the disgraced lord's table.

Anyway, here's a cake for all the bears. Dry your eyes and celebrate Newco's achievements in Scottish Third Division. The only straight title you've won since the EBTs TBF

Don't let a court ruling get in the way of your prejudice.
  • Start next season with -15pts as a result on going into admin.
  • edited June 2013

Pissing into a hurricane. Either way just maybe they thought it would be better to do the right thing rather than cheat in order to get a few crumbs off the disgraced lord's table.

What a lovely way to celebrate the first ever trophy in the clubs history
  • New club my arse, read it and weep

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkt3ke
  • Start next season with -15pts as a result on going into admin.

Can't see them staying up at the end of the season, if they get there that is.
    If they do stay in business, who've thought 2 years ago that Hearts v Rangers in the 1st division is a possibility?