Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Random Facebook Status Thread.

Comments

• "8 sleeps.....eek"
  • "pounding headache :-( "

"massive blister on the ball of my foot, ouch"

"someone please punch the person snoring in this carriage"

It's all go on facebook this morning!!
  • nolly said:

could not think of anything more boring than looking at pictures of footballers on holiday up there with men watching the only way is essex

FAO ValleyGary

• Im not even gonna lie i watched the only way is essex last night and tweeted about 50 times about it. I have no shame. Deal with it
  • edited June 2013
    What about those condescending brand pages that ask stupid questions for halfwits to post answers?

• Wtf is "like for an inbox" all about?
  • "Don't you just hate it when you wake up and someone puts you in a bad mood instantly. Just because they are in a bad mood, that gives them the right to be funny with you and apparently that makes it all ok! Grrrrr"

Generally anything with a "Grrrr" in is bound to be awful. It's the calling card for cringey status update w***ers.
  • When I see the 'word' Grrrr I instantly piss me self laughing!
  • nolly said:

could not think of anything more boring than looking at pictures of footballers on holiday up there with men watching the only way is essex

All gonna go off in Brentwood soon. Best programme on TV.
  • I think Growl is funnier than Grrr!

No mention of the game requests? Luckily you can block them now.
  • Sponsored links:

• "8 sleeps.....eek"
    BIG_ROB said:

When I see the 'word' Grrrr I instantly piss me self laughing!

what do you do with a "woop woop" ???
  • The ones that feel the need to say "good night" when they are off to bed as if everyone is hanging on their every word, equally sad are the ones that reply! My FB is like the end of the sodding Waltons sometimes!
  • "8 sleeps.....eek"

BIG_ROB said:

Try going "Grrrrrr" at it, and see what happens....

• drunk.com
  • "8 sleeps.....eek"

BIG_ROB said:

Cringe mainly
  • Off to bedfordshire - In Welling
  • They should add a filter so that anything with 'lol' in it is automatically blocked from your feed. Its use and overuse really annoys me, for example stuff like "gonna get drunk tonight lol." Really? Why is that funny? Are you sat there giggling? Please, tell me another joke you sad...
  • RedPanda said:

They should add a filter so that anything with 'lol' in it is automatically blocked from your feed. Its use and overuse really annoys me, for example stuff like "gonna get drunk tonight lol." Really? Why is that funny? Are you sat there giggling? Please, tell me another joke you sad...

Totally agree mate

lol
  • I remember when I was at Uni (2005-2009), Facebook was so much more interesting and fun because the majority of the content going up actually was from people's nights out, pictures, events worth going to etc.

Seriously declined since those days.

"Woke up thinking it was Friday. Disappointed is an understatement!"

^^^ I must see something like this at least 2-3 times a week. How do people think of things to respond with? What can be said that adds any value to the discussion on a status like that?

My cousin is horrendous on there. About 4-5 updates a day about "the mighty Spurs" (who he hasn't watched play live in about 5 years), and those "Wet Spam supporters". If its not that, then its usually "finished work early", or "Sunday roast is on".

Give me strength, FFS.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2013

"Id rather see what Johnnie Jacksons up to on holiday than some tit I went to school with."

Now that is interesting, because I am just the opposite, I would rather keep up to date with someone I actually know, than with someone I have never met who just happens to be able to kick a ball straight and for the time being does that for the club I follow.
  • "8 sleeps.....eek"

BIG_ROB said:

That used to be me, roll on the weekend woop woop or its friday woop woop. think i have toned it down lately dont really post too many rubbish status, although get tagged in a few :(

All about the twitter for posting your nonsense updates :)

• "The way joey Essex smiled when he see sam, why can't that happen in my life lol"
  • "The way joey Essex smiled when he see sam, why can't that happen in my life lol"

haha we have a mutual friend

haha we have a mutual friend
    either that or a lot of lonely ladies posted it

• "Id rather see what Johnnie Jacksons up to on holiday than some tit I went to school with."

Now that is interesting, because I am just the opposite, I would rather keep up to date with someone I actually know, than with someone I have never met who just happens to be able to kick a ball straight and for the time being does that for the club I follow.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there - "someone I actually know". Half the people on facebook you don't really know. I have several "friends" who I genuinely haven't seen for probably a decade, or birds I might have met once or twice on a night out. At least I see the Charlton players every week, albeit not on a personal level.

The holiday point is an exaggeration. Im not interested in seeing a picture of some flash apartment in Marbella or whatever but its vaguely interesting seeing how the players interact with each other, who tends to hang out with who etc. Just gives you an idea of what the squads like in terms of who is matey with who etc and what certain players are like personality wise / team spirit etc.

For example you can tell from twitter that Andy Hughes is obviously quite a popular player and influential personality in the squad - on the basis purely of ability I think I'd be wondering a bit why we had hung on to him and why he was thrown into the side towards the end of the season, but having played football myself you do realise that team spirit / attitude / wanting to play for each other etc do make a big difference in terms of how a side performs and hence knowing a bit more about the squad than you pick up from watching on a Saturday is interesting. Conversely you can also see if players are bitching about being left out etc.

The point I was making is that on twitter you follow people who you are interested in and whilst the overwhelming majority of it is still b*llocks, I do frequently see things that at least vaguely interest me. Whether that's Cawley saying we've apparently made a bid for Obika, Gary Lineker tweeting the running order for MOTD or Martin Lewis telling me that Easyjet have a sale on, it's more interesting than an endless feed of Tom, Dick and Harrys banging on about being hungover and desperate for a KFC.
  • People that say "tickets for.....oh go on then" "tickets for......yes please"
  • buckshee said:

People that say "tickets for.....oh go on then" "tickets for......yes please"

....... don't mind if I do
  • "Cheeky Vino with the girlies"

F**k off and die you atrocious c**t
  • *picture of a table full of booze*

THIS WILL END WELL