Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

anyone fancy playing cricket on Sunday 16th in Eltham ?

Trinity CC is a weak medium standard club who play friendly games every Sunday. Because of holidays and injuries we are short of a couple of players this Sunday 16th for a fixture against Lessa CC in Footscray Rd, Eltham, starting 2pm.

We are all ages (18- 62) and varying abilities. We don't take it too seriously (no one is going to shout at you if you drop a catch) but it isn't a Mickey Mouse game. All new players are made very welcome and our approach is to ensure that everyone plays a part in the game.

This could be a one-off or, if you are interested in playing more regularly, we'd be keen to sign you up.

If you'd like to play this Sunday or you can't play this Sunday but would like a game in the future, please in box me.

Comments

• Pico,i play for LESSA :)
  • So here's your chance to play for a decent team. Jump ship now and join us. We'll let you field at third man both ends.
  • I used to bowl a mean leg-break. Last time I played was at secondary school, mind.
  • Pico said:

So here's your chance to play for a decent team. Jump ship now and join us. We'll let you field at third man both ends.

I'm open to bribes(Doughnuts,Beer etc)

• edited June 2013

Fathers day

Every day is Fathers Day and Mothers Day in my book. Hate the way that these have been hijacked by the card shops and supermarkets.
    I insist to my kids that they do not buy me a card or anything. All such a con.

Sorry for going off topic btw......
  • Riviera said:

Fathers day

Every day is Fathers Day and Mothers Day in my book. Hate the way that these have been hijacked by the card shops and supermarkets.
    I insist to my kids that they do not buy me a card or anything. All such a con.

Sorry for going off topic btw......
    Bloody hell Riviera, the man just wants to know if you'll play a game of cricket with him !

• Pico said:

So here's your chance to play for a decent team. Jump ship now and join us. We'll let you field at third man both ends.

I'm open to bribes(Doughnuts,Beer etc)

Truer words have never been spoken..................!
  • Used to play against lessa in the late 80s.
    All I remember was a big opening bowler called roger Parnell or Purcell?
    And a miserable bloke who was the steward of, and lived above the clubhouse. He would always shut the bar early.
  • I haven't played for years, but can be available on Sunday pm if you are still short. (whites needed? bat provided?)
  • Sponsored links:

And a miserable bloke who was the steward of, and lived above the clubhouse. He would always shut the bar early.

Miserable git used to kick us off the footie pitches when i was younger,I've only been playing for them for about 4 years so the name doesn't ring a bell and there are two LESSA teams Wanderers and Christchurch.
  • In secondary school I used to be good at bowling but slightly shit at batting, always used to slog it upwards and get caught by the bowler
  • In secondary school I used to be good at bowling but slightly shit at batting, always used to slog it upwards and get caught by the bowler

Don't put 'learns from mistakes' on your CV.

Don't put 'learns from mistakes' on your CV.
    I never make mistakes ;-)
  • edited June 2013
    I am an All Rounder.

My batting stats this season are run average of 167 and bowling of 4 runs against per over. That said I have only bowled one over and batted against 8 balls (not really sure of where the run rate of 167 came from but they were the stats I was given at the end, maybe it meant 1.67 as I scored 13 runs in 8 balls?!)!

My first ever cricket experience...hit 2 4's with my first ever 2 swings of a bat.

I have a hunch it says more about the opposition than me though.

I used to play for Lessa as well but more early 90's and Roger Parnell was still playing then but bowling up the hill . There was a quicker bowler , Peter Broadbridge who opened the bowling . But Roger must be about 6 foot 7 maybe more , and certainly massive when he released the ball

The bloke who lived above the clubhouse was I think called Arthur - that could be wrong but his missus was called Grace I'm sure of that . But yeah , he liked to shut the bar early
  • Weather's not looking all that great for Sunday :(