Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Pitch

Comments

• Options
    Looking better already :) Well done Paddy
  • Options
    Wow the pitch looks much better , hope those pictures are current?
  • Options
    Nice and green, but still with a few bare patches?
  • Options
    Seats are looking a bit tired, though.
  • Options
    Talal said:

It's Jesus, obviously

• Options
    I'm no gardener, but it doesn't look like the re-seeding has taken everywhere.........lots of bare patches and doesn't bode too well for the future. Just hope Paddy can sort it out before the start of August.
  • Options
    Spoke to Paddy today and had a look at the pitch. Pitch is looking good and the patches do have growth on them but just not has long as the other parts.

Club have some of those grow lamps and are looking to get some more from an interesting source.
  • Options

Spoke to Paddy today and had a look at the pitch. Pitch is looking good and the patches do have growth on them but just not has long as the other parts.

Club have some of those grow lamps and are looking to get some more from an interesting source.

Ebay ?

• Options
    Blimey, what a turnaround!

As for the seats, the new ones in the north lower where the gangway used to be and the new block in the West Lower when the tunnel is have faded a lot more than the rest of that area. They don't make seats like they used to!
  • Options

You mean those neighbours of yours who were recently visited by P.C. Plod?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

You've been paying attention : - )

Not the very same but similar.
  • Options

Trotter's independent trading?
  • Options

Aah, so you stashed some away, before the rozzers arrived. Well played :-)
  • Options

Aah, so you stashed some away, before the rozzers arrived. Well played :-)
    They never looked in the huge pile of old Charlton shirts
  • Options

Can we stick Chris Solly under one? Imagine how good he would be if he was 6 foot three, and the song would still work.
  • Options

Blimey, what a turnaround!

As for the seats, the new ones in the north lower where the gangway used to be and the new block in the West Lower when the tunnel is have faded a lot more than the rest of that area. They don't make seats like they used to!

The club have asked for volunteers to paint them during July I think, it was on the OS, so they should be back to charlton red in no time hopefully.

Also here is another picture of the pitch:

• Options
    Paint the seats?
  • Options

Paint the seats?

Painting the walls, not the seats

• Options
    Hopefully we'll be painting the town red at the end of the season.
  • Options
    I'd be happy to volunteer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RZA said:

I'd be happy to volunteer.

Email mick.everett@cafc.co.uk

• Options
    I think the pale seats look terrible.
  • Options

I think the pale seats look terrible.

They do, but not terrible enough for it to be worth replacing them IMO.
  • Options
    Saw the pitch looks a lot better.
    Here is a pic of 'paddy' his mower was in the pits later, not sure if he saw himself as a mechanic when he played for us?
  • Options
    I didn't really notice the seats until you mentioned them. The trick is to fill the ground and you definitely won't notice them!
  • Options
    Not sure I like that shade of green or the stripes couldn't we just have a plain pitch?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Not sure I like that shade of green or the stripes couldn't we just have a plain pitch?

FFS ppl moan about anything here
  • Options
    apologise if it is a whoosh moment and you were joking :P
  • Options
    By Xmas the pitch will be dire again. Just reseeding isn't the answer.
  • Options
    It's not just reseeding though is it? The pictures the club put up clearing the show the pitch being stripped right back to bare soil. I imagine they did a lot more than just put some seed on it, otherwise they wouldn't have needed to strip it back so much.