Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Famous fans

Comments

• Options
    Anyone mentioned Jim Davidson?
    According to some it ain’t allowed.
    F*** 'em!

• Options
    rananegra said:
    OK after seeing Eddie Izzard and Jo Brand and Elton John on the Football League Show, who are our famous fans? I know the Nigels are famously luvvie-friendly, but I can only think of 3 off the top of my head - Dave Berry, Michael Grade and Jim Davidson. I should add Gemma Gibbons I guess. Any others?

rananegra said:
    OK after seeing Eddie Izzard and Jo Brand and Elton John on the Football League Show, who are our famous fans? I know the Nigels are famously luvvie-friendly, but I can only think of 3 off the top of my head - Dave Berry, Michael Grade and Jim Davidson. I should add Gemma Gibbons I guess. Any others?
         Bob Hope .. born in eltham definitely a charlton fan and I have heard that Charlie Chaplin although  born in Walworth 16 years before charlton was formed came to the valley in the very early days he was a dr Bernardo’s boy moved to America when he was 19 so it’s possible.
  • Options
    Kelvin McKenzie was in the top tier 
  • Options
    Thommo said:
    Kelvin McKenzie was in the top tier 
    That's a shame!
  • Options
    leefender said:
    You do realise by posting a picture of Dear Jim you are instantly placed on a "watch list" by the CL Corbyn appreciation society?
    Hahaha, they can watch all they like Soapy. Jim is one of us and has been all his life

...apart from the time he was a director of Bournemouth, that is...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely we're all famous after Sunday
  • Options
    Was Rob Elliot there?
  • Options
    What’s Morrisey doing supporting a club in London ? Born in Stafford so ought to be supporting either Wolves or perhaps Stoke or Port Vale. Doubt his dad was a Nigel. Irritates me. Frank Skinner has this right. Stick a pin in the map where you were born and the closest professional club is who you support.
    and if you don't know where you were born?
  • Options
    What’s Morrisey doing supporting a club in London ? Born in Stafford so ought to be supporting either Wolves or perhaps Stoke or Port Vale. Doubt his dad was a Nigel. Irritates me. Frank Skinner has this right. Stick a pin in the map where you were born and the closest professional club is who you support.
    Wow 'Skinner rules' would up Gillingham's average gate!  
  • Options
    Closest team to where I was born would be Millwall and I'm not having that.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Closest team to where I was born would be Millwall and I'm not having that.
    Me too. You can stick you pin up your arsenal. 
  • Options
    Born in Mothers and Babies hospital in Woolwich, a mile from The Valley 

All proper Charlton were born in that hospital. Interestingly it was originally in a different street in Woolwich, opened in...1905!

• Options
    Born in The Royal Herbert Military Hospital.

Says on my passport as place of birth: Woolwich - Proper Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Me too.
  • Options
    Born in St Alfeges Hospital Greenwich, lived in Floyd Road, of Charlton supporting parents, that is my excuse
  • Options
    Hex said:

Me too.
    Ditto
  • Options
    Born in my Mum's bedroom, Cedar Court, Cherry Orchard Estate.

So, officially born in Charlton!
  • Options
    Born in Barnehurst, christened in Charlton village, proper Charlton 
  • Options
    According to Jim, he was born in Charlton Nil!
  • Options

• Options

Me also.
  • Options
    leefender said:
    You do realise by posting a picture of Dear Jim you are instantly placed on a "watch list" by the CL Corbyn appreciation society?
    Hahaha, they can watch all they like Soapy. Jim is one of us and has been all his life

Apart from the time he was a Bournemouth director.