Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

From yesterday's SLP (Addicks boss on Spanish scouting trip)

CHRIS Powell will spend this weekend in Madrid as he runs the rule over a couple of potential Charlton transfer targets.
The Addicks boss is taking advantage of the international break to jet off to Spain.
Powell, speaking in Friday's edition of the South London Press, said: "I'll watch a couple of games and take in some players that have been recommended. It's not a weekend off. It's a chance to look at some players for the future and that's what I'll be doing.
"The Primera Division is off, so I won't be picking up Xavi or Iniesta! We've got a scout over there and my chief scout Phil Chapple has made a lot of good connections in Europe.
"You can't always follow it up - you get told a player is not available or cost-wise it just wouldn't be viable. We do get DVDs but if I can watch a player or two live then even better.
"I'll take in two games on Sunday and then I'm back on Monday.
"With us having no game, there is an opportunity for me to go out there.
"A lot of clubs have a full-time scout and network - we're slowly but surely trying to build it up.

Comments