Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stevie Nicks

Comments

• I thought this was going to be an RIP. The amount of toot she put up her hooter I'm surprised she made it this far.
  • Christ I used to fancy her when I was a teenager. Permission granted for every man over a certain age to cut and paste this response. :-)
  • Saga Lout said:

Christ I used to fancy her when I was a teenager. Permission granted for every man over a certain age to cut and paste this response. :-)

Permission granted, Saga Lout. Happy memories of playing Fleetwood Mac repeatedly on the jukeboxes of pubs along the Oxford Canal in the 1980s....

• I used to fancy her too.
  • 65 today . So what ?
  • Also presumed this'd be a RIP
  • 65 today . So what ?

No beds, 65 yesterday. Keep up......................;-)
  • 65 today . So what ?

That's what I thought...I'm 66 next week and can sing much better than her so I'd better get a plug or else :-)

• 65 today . So what ?

That's what I thought...I'm 66 next week and can sing much better than her so I'd better get a plug or else :-)

Yes, but have you slept with most of the past and present members of Fleetwood Mac and road crew?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Saga Lout said:

65 today . So what ?

Yes, but have you slept with most of the past and present members of Fleetwood Mac and road crew?!
    Probably.

• 65 today . So what ?

Seems like a challenge somewhere in there maybe?
    Fancy going down to where Saga plays in Vigo Village and singing a couple. I am sure Saga could play a few Mac tune's.
    I will come down and cheer you on...... mind you post a few pics on here though.
    You up for it?......
  • edited May 2013

65 today . So what ?

Fancy going down to where Saga plays in Vigo Village and singing a couple. I am sure Saga could play a few Mac tune's.
    I will come down and cheer you on...... mind you post a few pics on here though.
    You up for it?......
    I have only just learnt to sing but I'd love a go at that...where's Vigo Village? I'm all for making a complete ass of myself.

• 65 today . So what ?

You up for it?......
    I have only just learnt to sing but I'd love a go at that...where's Vigo Village? I'm all for making a complete ass of myself.

Vigo Village is near Saga City.

• That's a 410 mile round trip...I couldn't drive that far atm but maybe I'll learn a Fleetwood Mac song and post a video.

• That's a 410 mile round trip...I couldn't drive that far atm but maybe I'll learn a Fleetwood Mac song and post a video.

Just go your own way !

Just go your own way !

When you get there you're never going back again

Try this one...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaZvwGhcdSA&list=RD16ZjOD8i-8uWY
    Did a feature on Peter Green, loved his playing, got the image from the video.
    Never a great fan of the later 'pop mac' with Nicks and Buckingham, but Rumours was a great album........
    Be good to get a life band together, just for fun.
    Wish I played myself........

• 65 today . So what ?

You up for it?......

You keep going for it old son - it takes all sorts.
    ;o)

Try this one...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaZvwGhcdSA&list=RD16ZjOD8i-8uWY
    Did a feature on Peter Green, loved his playing, got the image from the video.
    Never a great fan of the later 'pop mac' with Nicks and Buckingham, but Rumours was a great album........
    Be good to get a life band together, just for fun.
    Wish I played myself........

Peter Green. Better than 'God'!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BITE3g7lSkw&list=UUNk73lPOgAB_rRmUXDfp0Vw&index=11
    Stevie still holds a decent note......
    and she is still scrubs up well, at least for me?
  • Ah I remember for a while in 1977 used to carry a little picture of her around in me pocket. Still love the songs and she still has a great voice. Wish I could afford to see them.
  • Stevie has just been interviewed on Radio 4's Woman's Hour .. well worth a listen if you have iPlayer .. also (and not connected) .. The R4 book of the week is about 'the notorious Plumstead poisoning of the 1830s' '' Plumstead High Street... an area of ramshackle slums and pig stys with views across the Thames to the Essex flatlands" ... no change there then (just jesting all you Plumstead dwellers)
  • More importantly, how is maybe-baby's rehearsing going for his "Go Your Own Way" video?
  • Addickted said:

More importantly, how is maybe-baby's rehearsing going for his "Go Your Own Way" video?

Had a bit of a set back with singing lessons as two of my teeth have fallen out over the last few months...plays havoc with tongue positioning (don't even go there)

But! Will be subjecting all on CL to a video of me very soon, looking well hip and cool and trying to sing in tune.