Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Survey #3 closed - painting by numbers

Just to let you know that the supporters survey has now closed with 2,252 responses, including 900 more fans who are interested in knowing more about the Trust... this should take our combined following close to 3,000.

As we finalise the analysis we will knock up a survey report by 5th June 2013 to celebrate 6 months since our launch...

All the ways I think of to kill time until the fixtures come out 17th June!

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to disappoint you but the fixtures are not released until 19th June an extra 48 hours to kill :-)
  • Options
    As long as Palace home and away is on there I can wait :)
    Another stat.: 53% of Charlton fans have been going since before we returned to the Valley
  • Options

Another stat.: 53% of Charlton fans have been going since before we returned to the Valley

You mean 53% of people who completed the survey?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Off_it said:

Surveys are usually quantitative and proportionate thus giving an insight. If you surveyed every Charlton supporter, it would then be 100% accurate but no longer a survey. By this analogy you could dismiss the 100% support banner as just a few blokes on a forum making out CP is popular.

• Options
    Did I win a season-ticket ?
  • Options

Off_it said:

Surveys are usually quantitative and proportionate thus giving an insight. If you surveyed every Charlton supporter, it would then be 100% accurate but no longer a survey. By this analogy you could dismiss the 100% support banner as just a few blokes on a forum making out CP is popular.

Weird
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Weird
    I am.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    prize draw results announced soon, needs to be done appropriately so might be at our next meeting on the 10th - or sooner if we can arrange
  • Options
    in terms of the survey being accurate, its more likely to be so if the survey can be shown to be a randomly representative sample, plus of course there is a margin for error. Any analysis should ask questions though, and answer them, much like off its example.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Off_it said:

No or I would have written that!

Before the Trust started surveys we checked with experts what the minimum sample of randomly selected fans needed to be to give 95% confidence in the answers.

And we were told 266. For each survey we have promoted on here and to our members... which could be open to allegations of bias due to self selection and how the surveys are filled in by the same 500 fans

So trust supporters have stood in the rain (and the bars) to pick fans at random. It was noticeable that members, subscribers and fans are very much aligned except for the issue of Safe Standing and use of this website

This time we didn't because interview fans face to face as 1) no more games left! and 2) we felt that a survey with well over 2,000 fans participating gives a fairly accurate picture... Especially when some of the findings are very similar to previous work.

There are of course possible errors but none of these will be material when we consider the uses to which the survey results are put such as looking at the Trust direction and designing campaign materials.

I expect the survey findings will be released soon and will hopefully be the basis for constructive debate around what the Trust should be doing next season.