Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hughesy as player/coach?

According to this by Mr Cawley of the SLP...

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=17493&headline=Hughes

Comments

• Options
    Makes a lot of sense
  • Options
    Great character to have about the place as well as a decent player to boot for another season.
  • Options

Great character to have about the place as well as a decent player to boot for another season.

not sure anyone would be brave enough to boot him ;-)
  • Options
    Hope he agrees.
  • Options
    Pretty sure he's on holiday at the moment or back up in Harrogate?
  • Options
    But he'll have to buy another bed !
  • Options
    Really pleased to read this, he is a hugely popular guy around the club and academy, a perfect move for him and a great asset ot the academy / club, really hope this happens.
  • Options
    nailed on for manager when SCP leaves to manage England
  • Options
    I've yet to hear a bad word said about the bloke. Sounds an inspired appointment.
  • Options

nailed on for manager when SCP leaves to manage England

Fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds good plan! Would that mean damien Matthew will move on?
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Sounds good plan! Would that mean damien Matthew will move on?

To be fair, I may have worded the OP badly.
    From the article, it looks like a role as a player and as a member of the coaching team, as opposed to 'first team coach'. Also, I was under the impression that DM is both popular and effective, so I wouldn't have thought his job would be under threat until he's ready to move on himself.
  • Options
    Well that's hope he's a decent coach as he has only turned out 11 appearances in two years.

Might be a good influence round the place but if budgets are tight, sentiment shouldnt come into it.
  • Options
    He is back home at the moment after doing his coaching badges the last couple of weeks. On his way to Vegas the next couple of days.

My restraining order has expired.
  • Options
    Sounds similar to Euell really. I've seen some of the tweets from youth players this season and he's spent a fair bit of time with them - sort of mentoring them.
    Seems a great character and if he can do some coaching and be value added I'm all up for it
  • Options
    I would love to keep him at the club. He has a massive influence amongst the players from what I gather from twitter and plenty of experience. He's a bit of an old boy now but can still carry out the holding midfielder role superbly. I hope he can stay fit.
  • Options

Well that's hope he's a decent coach as he has only turned out 11 appearances in two years.

Might be a good influence round the place but if budgets are tight, sentiment shouldnt come into it.

But is that 11 appearances unbeaten? His coming back into the side for the last few games and the form that we showed tells me that keeping him on will be a lot cheaper than replacing him.

I've kept quiet on here up until now about who exactly should stay or go... but really hope that the player/coach role is agreed. I think this squad is about to move to the next level as long as we keep the right players and make the right additions.

• Options
    Jeez - had me worried - I thought this was about Bryan Hughes!