Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Froch v Kessler II

Comments

• Haha, great after fight interview. Carl - "...fancy another one?"...Mikel - "...ah shit..."

Great respect for each other and two superb fighters.
  • Not sure their doctors would advise a 3rd fight!
  • The best thing about it is they are both ballsy everything on the line competitors and have respect for one another.

Proper sport.
  • It's amazing that sky have taken so long to clock onto how great his fights are.
  • trilogy. neutral venue. vegas.

ward is boring
  • I doubt Andre ward will want to fight in the UK . I think Froch will have to go into the Lions den again..
  • Worth every penny they earn

Have a look fraudly real fighters there
  • Just when you think Carl is cruising, Kessler digs deep. Then when you think he has momentum for the last, Froch let's rip. Great fight.
  • Froch was incredible, Kessler really struggled at times to do anything against him. But Kessler showed why he's so dangerous, and the combination in the 11th round really shook Froch - but Froch came back well and finished the fight in the 12th round, with no doubt who was gonna win. In my opinion the game was fantastic and close, much closer than some made it out to be in media. Respect for both of them
  • Going to watch it again now and enjoy it more
    Without worrying about the result
  • Sponsored links:

• One more fight before retiring for Froch now and that's Ward.
    And that won't be easy. Ward is class.
    My heart says yes but my head says no.
  • great great fight.. even at 35 he can go on for a good few more years bring on ward.
  • great fight think Kessler will retire now, ward coming to the uk is doubtful and groves will get the Wbo title holder if he gets there before degale, I think Hopkins next for froch
  • edited May 2013
    Definite Froch win. Thought Froch's reached a peak in his strength, but he's heavy footed from the mid rounds. Still looked to have strong legs, but not the spring. Wonderful fight.
  • Ward says its game on and UK aint out of the question

Called Eddie Hearns out to call him
  • Ward says its game on and UK aint out of the question

Called Eddie Hearns out to call him

after the quote "America's where you've got to come to be a star"

Andre Ward doesn't sound too keen...
  • Hopkins next
  • Can't see the 3rd fight happening, neutral venue would just be a disappointment when compared to the atmosphere of the last two fights!
  • He also said you would need wembley
  • He also said you would need wembley

true... but it sounded to me like he was trying to save face

I agree with Nolly that Hopkins at a catchweight might be the next move
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldnt go for hopkins unless ward cant be done

Ward sounded worried hopkins was going to nick the fight from him

Eddie hearn def got the text telling him whst ward said whilst sky was in the changing room

So pumped from wstching that fight i cant sleep
  • Great fight, finally don't feel ripped off for a pay per view fight!! Don't know if ward will take it but surely the last fight Froch would want and sign off his career win or lose.
  • Ward and Hopkins are both really boring fighters though, not sure if i'd want to watch them spoil for 12 rounds.
  • Look, first off ive seen nearly all of frochs fights and I love him. Proper fighter with a lions heart. Kessler doesn't need to be patronised by me saying he's got guts because he is out of the same egg as froch and a real quality fighter.

Now Andre Ward, he is a masterful boxer and I don't think he was ducking anything and having watched him a few times including the froch fight I can safely say it is a fight froch should not take of he plans to retire after it on a win. I don't think the venue would make a blind bit of difference.

Now back to the cobra, brilliant win tonight and a proper ppv. Kessler is a hard, hard man
  • I'm no boxing expert like others here but I watched this in the pub and it reminded me of the fights that used to be on ITV at 9 on Saturday nights - proper fights. I would guess that Froch has a career in media after he finishes fighting - if he can be as lucid as he was in the post-fight interview having been clobbered for half an hour or so then he will be very good in a suit and tie with a mic in front of him.

Good fight, seemed like an excellent atmosphere.
  • I'm no boxing expert like others here but I watched this in the pub and it reminded me of the fights that used to be on ITV at 9 on Saturday nights - proper fights. I would guess that Froch has a career in media after he finishes fighting - if he can be as lucid as he was in the post-fight interview having been clobbered for half an hour or so then he will be very good in a suit and tie with a mic in front of him.

Good fight, seemed like an excellent atmosphere.

He would need to get his nose fixed though!
  • Great atmosphere last night but why did the fans have to Boo a warrior like kessler and his anthem? Such a shame. Kessler is a class in and outside the ring and was always going to give value for money. I suppose alcohol and day trippers who no nothing about boxing.
  • Have successfully managed to avoid the result and all comments.

If anyone knows of a decent YouTube link to the fight, be grateful if you could post it, ta
  • Because kessler fans booed froch and GSTQ in denmark

And its become a way of all sport to make it hostile

At the end of the fight they raised the roof for him
  • BR3Addick said:

http://nirsportz.eu/stream1.html

found an alright one there
    Groves should win this i think

Ta for that,by the way.