Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky problems

Had Sky TV for many years. Recently moved house and after having a bog standard new TV aerial see that the picture quality I get from using this is better than via my Sky dish. I thought this was the case in my previous house but its more marked now.

My Sky box is 6+ years old and some channels now don't work. Don't even have Sky+. I don't think Sky will upgrade it unless I pay for movies / HD. Cannot get Virgin where I live and as I love my football / sport I appear to have no choice. Don't have BT broadband personally so cannot go that route.

Do Sky listen to threats to leave when they will I guess know I have no other options?

Comments

• Options
    They'll charge you 60 odd quid to send an engineer round. He'll renew the dish or box or both for that included in the fee.
    Threatening to leave sometimes works.sometimes doesn't. I managed to negotiate a half price call out fee when my dish went up the spout a year ago.
  • Options
    I threatened to leave once and they couldn't have cared less. Just upgrade to sky plus while u've got the chance its worth it, if u can afford it of course.
  • Options

Had Sky TV for many years. Recently moved house and after having a bog standard new TV aerial see that the picture quality I get from using this is better than via my Sky dish. I thought this was the case in my previous house but its more marked now.

My Sky box is 6+ years old and some channels now don't work. Don't even have Sky+. I don't think Sky will upgrade it unless I pay for movies / HD. Cannot get Virgin where I live and as I love my football / sport I appear to have no choice. Don't have BT broadband personally so cannot go that route.

Do Sky listen to threats to leave when they will I guess know I have no other options?

They will listen much more now that BT is in the market, tell them BT have offered you a great deal for BT Infinity plus TV so what can you offer me....
  • Options
    Cancel your contract, and join as a new customer, free install.

Bill should be the same and you might even get a 6 month half price deal. Just be sure when you ring up to retentions, as they call it, will spend an hour or so trying to keep you. They'll probably chuck in a new box anyway in order to keep you as a customer if that's what you want