Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumour - Brighton keen on Chris Powell

Just heard a rumour that Brighton are keen on Chris Powell.

I know Jimenez and Poyet are good friends - and indeed neighbours and Poyet is currently kicking his heels.....

Hope I'm putting 2+2 and getting 37 BUT if SCP were to go anywhere we could do a lot worse than Poyet

Thoughts?

Comments

• can't see CP going to Brighton. Poyet has engineered a move away because he wants to manage in the PL. I wouldn't want him anyway. If Browny doesn't like him then that is good enough for me.
  • No thanks.
  • Would hate Poyet, can't stand him. Don't think he'd come here, not with our shoe string budget.
  • Poyet was at the training ground on Tuesday, so was Powell though.
  • edited May 2013
    Imagine Charlton and Brighton swapping managers.

Could never happen. Again : - )

Last time we definitely got the worst of the deal so a big no for me but can see why Brighton would consider Powell.
  • If Poyet got the arse with brighton for lack of finances for team building then he is never coming to us
  • I can't really see Chrissy going anywhere at the moment - especially to just another Championship club. He was genuinely moved when he made the speech of thanks after the Bristol City game, seems happily committed to us for the foreseeable future. He's still young and learning the trade, and I imagine he values the familiarity and security of managing a club where he spent so long as a player.
  • If Poyet got the arse with brighton for lack of finances for team building then he is never coming to us

Powell and TJ don't see eye to eye but I would think Poyet might get a little more funding from his mate
  • I think a Premier league job would make him consider. But not another championship team.
  • Imagine Charlton and Brighton swapping managers.

Could never happen. Again : - )

Last time we definitely got the worst of the deal so a big no for me but can see why Brighton would consider Powell.

How right you are and if it did happen, I think we would again get the wrong end of the deal

• Sponsored links:

• Plaaayer said:

Poyet was at the training ground on Tuesday, so was Powell though.

Keeping an eye on his son?
  • Not as laughable as Wolves but won't happen.
  • I can't imagine CP leaving at the moment, so far he has done everything that was asked. The arrival of Ken Bates or the likes might prompt it, but after speaking to my Brighton mate, no thanks to Poyet
  • Feel more confident about this when he contract extension is announced!
  • Swisdom said:

If Poyet got the arse with brighton for lack of finances for team building then he is never coming to us

Powell and TJ don't see eye to eye but I would think Poyet might get a little more funding from his mate
    Lots of people say this but no-one knows if its true. Why do so many people on here parrot post such lines?
  • Granpa said:

I can't imagine CP leaving at the moment, so far he has done everything that was asked. The arrival of Ken Bates or the likes might prompt it, but after speaking to my Brighton mate, no thanks to Poyet

I got the same impression after chatting to my Brighton supporting friend. He seems the opposite of CP - volatile and always saying the wrong thing.

• I used to be "keen on" Cherry Gillespie from Pan's People but it was never going to happen.
  • Poyet has said many times he wont manage the club where his son is, so he's not coming here unless Diego is going.
    Can't see any point in Powell going there either.
    I think Stoke will take Poyet.
  • DRF said:

Poyet has said many times he wont manage the club where his son is, so he's not coming here unless Diego is going.

Joke City are after Martinez

• DRF said:

Poyet has said many times he wont manage the club where his son is, so he's not coming here unless Diego is going.

OK

So Poyet to Wigan.

Your move !

• Sponsored links:

• What a difference a couple of years make.

Two years ago many would have jumped at the idea of Poyet for Powell.
  • Even this time last year some would've.
  • Poyet for us? .. no
  • I'd be surprised if Martinez goes to Stoke*, to me thats just Wigan in disguise. Could see him going to Everton though. Poyet would not come to us, nt unless it was part of a takeover and he had pots of money.

*Probably be announced this PM now.
  • DRF said:

OK

So Poyet to Wigan.

Your move !

I'll match your Wigan and raise you Everton (But that really is a gamble)
  • While I don't think this will happen, I wouldn't mind Poyet at all, got Brighton playing some fantastic passing football and got them into the play-offs. Could do much worse as said above.

• I would dread the thought of anyone but SCP at this time. I honestly feel that he has the best interests of the club at heart and I have more faith in him than any manager that I can remember and that is going back as far as Bob Stokoe!
  • " Nowhere .

Chris Powell is going nowhere !"
  • Charlton as a club and its fans are still hurting after our spectacular fall from grace. The best medicine for the club and us is at this moment SCP.
  • Wouldn't Poyet get into the same argument about squad improvements with the CAFC board? He has/had a load more funds available at Brighton and still didn't expect to be able to better their squad significantly.