Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Championship clubs overwhelmingly in favour of Safe Standing (The Independent)

Comments

• Options
    If given the choice, who on CL would go into the standing area (Covered Lower ?) ?
  • Options
    in a heartbeat
  • Options
    Absolutely.
  • Options
    I would.

Shame we cant have the Jimmy Seed as terrace, would me a much better atmosphere then the north lower.
  • Options

IN

• Options

If given the choice, who on CL would go into the standing area (Covered Lower ?) ?

I'd wave to you with my tartan blanket from the posh seats in the East .

• Options
    Trust me Fannie I'll still be Upper !
  • Options
    would always have said yes, but possibly a bit difficult with kids.
  • Options
    castrust said:
    Fantastic news. Hopefully Trevor Hick's views on standing have changed.
  • Options
    deffo till my lad starts comming in a few years then back to the upper till hes big enuf to stand, few years standing together till i get old and retire to the east stand would make me a happy man, only ever stood with my dad once man u away fa cup was magical he felt 18 again and we both will never forget that day sitting just aint football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way Jose. I would never leave the East Stand Ultras.
  • Options
    Loved it at Peterborough away last season. Great fun to be able to jump around, but best is not having someone behind you shouting "sit dowwwwwn," when i stand up as a corner is whipped in.
  • Options

Loved it at Peterborough away last season. Great fun to be able to jump around, but best is not having someone behind you shouting "sit dowwwwwn," when i stand up as a corner is whipped in.

It would certainly end a lot of the aggro caused by people who stand in front of others who sit, so for that alone, it's a great idea. Although, it would be nothing like the Peterboro' terrace because it's a totally different system and is a lot more restrictive.

For me, it's a no brainer. Hillsborough happened 24 years ago and I believe the necessary lessons have now been learnt, so the law should be changed to allow the installation of Safe Standing systems. And if the go-ahead is ever given, then Charlton need to be one of the first clubs to get it in and not one of the last.
  • Options
    Dont see nay harm in doing it in a one tier or bottom, preferably jimnmy seed and put away fans in the end of the east
  • Options
    I'd be in. Miss those terrace days....
  • Options
    Not me. Greek philosopher syndrome.
  • Options
    Defo would love to see it happen
  • Options
    Better to make Jimmy Seed standing then put away fans up in the upper west corner
  • Options
    What a lot of people that remember terraces so fondley forget is you need young legs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

What a lot of people that remember terraces so fondley forget is you need young legs.

I reckon you're right. I hated all-seating at first, then when my sons started going I was quite happy with it as they were guaranteed a view (well, at home matches anyway). Now that they are old enough to appreciate standing, I'm beginning to think that it might be a bit too much for my creaky knees.

I still support safe standing though. For me personally though it'd be having that option for people at away games that would make the difference. That way I could have the seat and the view I'd paid for without the need for anyone else to get siddarned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig, my thoughts exactly, whilst I support safe standing, unfortunately my knees no longer will support me, probably the maximum I can stand for is 15 to 20 minutes. At home this is no problem as I sit in the lower west, mainly because of my problems. However at sell out away games its a serious problem, don't get me wrong I understand wholeheartedly while those who want to stand do. It's getting to the stage where games like Millwall will be a thing of the past for me, which will be a shame as I have only been watching the club for over 54 years. In my opinion the greatest need for a separate standing / sitting area is for the away fans.