Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dale Stephens

Comments

• Stephens is reminding me of jacko last year. Slow start but growing considerably with each game. Defo our most influential player in the last few home games
  • Always rated him and glad he has turned a lot of his doubters around. He was in a bad place with his private life and I defy anybody to do a decent days work with this gnawing away at you. On top of this a dream move was snatched from his grasp allegedly by crazy brinkmanship. Full credit must go to CP and the management team for getting him back on track and if he can maintain his recent form he will be key in us retaining our Championship status this season.
  • RedChaser said:

Always rated him and glad he has turned a lot of his doubters around. He was in a bad place with his private life and I defy anybody to do a decent days work with this gnawing away at you. On top of this a dream move was snatched from his grasp allegedly by crazy brinkmanship. Full credit must go to CP and the management team for getting him back on track and if he can maintain his recent form he will be key in us retaining our Championship status this season.

Now can they do their magic with Marvellous Marvin

• edited October 2013
    We can but hope Kap. I said in the players' marks thread on Sunday that I am yet to be convinced but to be fair he ended up playing wide right and is yet to have a decent run alongside Yann so I'm going to reserve judgement for the time being.
  • RedChaser said:

We can but hope Kap. I said in the players' marks thread on Sunday that I am yet to be convinced but to be fair he ended up playing wide right and is yet to have a decent run alongside Yann so I'm going to reserve judgement for the time being.

Before every match, I hope that this is going to be the match which sparks him, as yet it has not happened, he is improving, but really needs to get there soon or he'll be back in Boltons reserves. Like an interim manager he does not have the luxury of easing himself into a job, he should have hit the ground running in August. However, you are right that playing alongside Yann has not really been tested yet.
  • Needs a goal now. Will boost his confidence. Genuinely think if he carries on in this vein he could become the next 12 goal a season midfielder and new JJ.
  • I thought this thread was about Dale Stephens?

Keep up. Since when has a thread on here stayed on topic? ;-)
  • edited October 2013

I thought this thread was about Dale Stephens?

Keep up. Since when has a thread on here stayed on topic? ;-)
    An excellent point well presented!
  • Sponsored links:

• Having a great a season so far for seem to be improving, rumors of him being sold to Barnsley over summer but he's proving to be a key figure this season , wel done Dale!
  • Needs a goal now. Will boost his confidence. Genuinely think if he carries on in this vein he could become the next 12 goal a season midfielder and new JJ.

Goal! 1-0, and three points. Thank you, Dale!

I'm not called a guru for nothing you know ;0)

• Well done DS loving your work right now, keep on keeping on
  • Well we now need t tie him down with a contract, he's shown he can do it, now somebody is going to be sniffing around. of course, he will have to be willing to sign it.
  • Would you sell him in Jan if Villa came back in?
  • Valley11 said:

Would you sell him in Jan if Villa came back in?

Without going round the houses again I would sell for the reported 2 million but only if SCP got the money to spend.

• I would only sell if we can't get him to sign a new deal... as far as I am concerned he is part of the future of the club.
  • If I was him now I would sit back and see what is offered from other clubs.
  • Really pleased for him. At the Young Addicks Q&A on Tues he seemed almost apologetic for a lack of goals but said now that Cousins was playing with him he was getting forward more. Well done , genuinely nice guy
  • I don't think he'll be with us come Feb 1st.
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

I don't think he'll be with us come Feb 1st.

The new owners won't sell ;0)

• dont think Dale will sign a new deal purely as he wants to move back nearer home.
  • I doubted him on here saying he could never do it consistently. But the last 4/5 games he's proving me wrong. Also think Cousins coming in has allowed him to get further forward where he is more affective.

Also has his own chant now DALE DALE DALE
  • so where will JJ play when we go 4-4-2, or do we keep it as Saturday?
  • If he is enjoying his football, he might just sign. Starting to fulfill his potential, so one we need to work on signing as a priority.
  • If he is enjoying his football, he might just sign. Starting to fulfill his potential, so one we need to work on signing as a priority.

I'll go with that.

• I'll be the first to admit that I didn't really rate the lad until this season, he's finally settled in and playing the best Football he's played since joining. Long may it continue!
  • Im hoping that Dale`s new found form is due to him being happier with life, and not just the emergence of Jordan Cousins allowing him more freedom in his role. I have always stated that this young man, seems to me to have so much natural ability, but as others have put not the oomph. Well the oomph looks there now and he seemed to thoroughly enjoy his goal on Saturday.
    To his credit he seems to have put the failed move behind him and just got on with it and not had a tantrum like others have in the past. Does anyone think that too much was expected too soon? , as he is not quite 24......