Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

skype help

i recently downloaded skype so that i could phone my brother in australia for free, or at least that's what i thought. but unfortunately it wont allow me to do so, as it says i need to buy credit?

anybody got any suggestions on what i need to do, to join with the rest of the world, who are making calls for nowt?

many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Do not buy credit... If you have your brothers Skype address add him as a contact and you should be ok over the interweb.
  • Options

i recently downloaded skype so that i could phone my brother in australia for free, or at least that's what i thought. but unfortunately it wont allow me to do so, as it says i need to buy credit?

anybody got any suggestions on what i need to do, to join with the rest of the world, who are making calls for nowt?

many thanks in advance.

Just download, add your brother and that's it.

Every user name is unique, go to the "add contact" function type in his user name and it should automatically recognise it - send a message, he should then add you and from there on it's free. The cost is for calling mobile phones/landlines etc, skype to skype is free.
  • Options
    out of interest, if it's free, then presumably it doesn't matter if you keep yourself online all the time, am i right?
  • Options
    yep it wont matter its free you can call ppl for free too :) think just if you are phoning ppl not on your contact list you have to use credits but why do that :)
  • Options

out of interest, if it's free, then presumably it doesn't matter if you keep yourself online all the time, am i right?

Correct.
  • Options
    You only need credit if you want to make calls to people's telephones.
  • Options
    thanks for the input fellas.
  • Options
    Dunno what it is about Skype, maybe its me, but i find it so unintuitive and hard work generally.