Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Curtis

Comments

• Options
    R.I.P. One of my favourite bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVc29bYIvCM
  • Options
    Ah shit, I completely forgot.
    Rest in peace Ian.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    He died for us. Never understood that assertion from the NME at the time.

Great film about him though - forgotten the single word title of it though.
  • Options
    control is the film, amazing film.
  • Options
    Blimey Rob, that makes me feel old. In the style of Henry, Ian Curtis' death is now as far away from us as it is from Charlton winning the FA Cup (and that's a long long time).

Now playing Closer as a tribute.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    RIP, great talent.
  • Options
    incredible front man, just have to watch videos of his performances to show how mesmerising he is. New Order spent years trying to make up an inch of the charisma he brought to the band. Whenever I'm feeling low I can put on Joy Division and listened to words that describe exactly how i feel and like a friend is putting his arm round you and saying "i know man, I know". Great songs to dance to as well like Disorder etc.
  • Options
    Love will tear us apart. Everyone loves that classic. RIP
  • Options
    Died very young, tragic loss of a life and a talent. R.I.P.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great band and managed to see Joy Division at the marquee and the Nashville club.
  • Options
    RIP Ian
  • Options
    Saw Joy Division twice and they still remain a favourite. Whilst I wouldn't say they are my favourite band of all time or the best band I have ever seen live, but their act was quite mesmorising. For some reason, I remember their shows more than any other gig.
  • Options

Saw Joy Division twice and they still remain a favourite. Whilst I wouldn't say they are my favourite band of all time or the best band I have ever seen live, but their act was quite mesmorising. For some reason, I remember their shows more than any other gig.

I think some bands are just brilliant live (Ocean Colour Scene spring to mind) and others just sound better recorded.
  • Options
    Control is a brilliant film. It was a question in my "On this day" round in my quiz last night. RIP Ian Curtis.
  • Options
    Go with that mate unknown pleasures is a work genius. Disorder sets the tone and it doesn't stop from there. RIP
  • Options
    Saw Joy Division supporting the Buzzcocks at the Rainbow. Gave Transmission a spin yesterday - great track & goes to show, still listening 34 years later.
  • Options
    Great band. Memorable live performances.
  • Options

Great band. Memorable live performances.

Indeed .. Love Will Tear Us Apart still one of the greatest songs ever
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The BBC4 Joy Division documentary is excellent and well worth watching. Some amazing early live footage and very frank interviews with the band and associates.
  • Options
    Fantastic band. Heart and Soul is one of my favourite tracks in history.
    RIP Ian.
  • Options
    Still my favourite band 36 years on. I can still remember the day I heard about his suicide.