Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Those Golf highlights yesterday on bbc 1

MCSMCS
edited September 2006 in Other Football and Sports
I watched them as i have no sky. Anyone else watch them, to say it was lump in throat is an understatement, i aint the most emotional person you'll meet, but those moments were just, well so emotional. That Darren Clarke, man i take my hat off to him, hat also comes off to Woosie and the whole team together with the fans that were in attendance.

All in all well pleased with that yesterday, made my weekend.

Well done Europe.

Comments

• watched it all day on Sky, absolutely fantastic and that's the way sport should be played.....Darren Clarke was unbelievable.
  • Yeah the spirit in which it was played reminded me a little of the asshes series last year.
  • The word legend gets used to much these days, but Darren Clarke performance this weekend was nothing short of Legendary.
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt like that!
  • Mate was in floods when Clarke was on the 16th. Doth cap to him, its takes some real resolve to be able to compete like that just after suffering the loss of your wife!

And also thought the Americans were great! A great advert for Golf..... and the standard of play wasnt too bad either!
  • I thought the binge drinking at the end was disgraceful and a poor example to young people. I hear that one caddie threw a club in a pond. Do these people have no care for the environment?

Seriously Not into golf but glad that "we" won even if the sight of so many europhobes cheering for a European win does make me laugh.

And hats off to Clarke. I thought it was all set up for him to put the winning ball.
  • Henry,

Europhobes as you put it are not, in the main, anti Europe. They are however anti the European Union, a corrupt, undemocratic organisation the accounts of which have been unaudited for 11 years as no auditor will sign them.
  • I disagree. The corruption is just another stick to beat the foriegners with. People here moan about the govt but still feel patriotic about the UK of GB or England at least. Few people have a positive view of the idea of an closer european union other than at the Ryder cup.
  • I class myself as a Europhobe but am European by geography and whilst I hate the EU and all it stands for will always cheer on a team of Europeans over a team from another continent
  • Gotta agree with the emotion of the day - I managed to catch the ending of DC's match whilst on the 19th hole - I will admit my eyes were excessively perspiring when he won his match. What a great sporting event.......shame Woosie didnt pick me as the wild card - it might have even things up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched most of the play over the 3 days - amazing scenes, from Casey's hole in one to win his match and Monty's opening drive, to Clarke's emotional victory and Woosnam looking a bit 'odd' after necking a pint of the black stuff......!

Fair play to the Yanks too..... took the defeat on the chin.
  • not the highlight, but the funniest points was seeing the champagne explode in woosie's face, leading to a 4 inch dangly line of snot hanging from his nose.

Anyone else see that ??
  • Yeah saw that! Very dignified..... If I remember rightly, that was shortly after the guiness...... which possibly explains it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Yeah saw that! Very dignified..... If I remember rightly, that was shortly after the guiness...... which possibly explains it!

Same chemical reaction as Coca Cola and Mentos??
  • [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Yeah saw that! Very dignified..... If I remember rightly, that was shortly after the guiness...... which possibly explains it!

Same chemical reaction as Coca Cola and Mentos??

Worse, and didnt need to be thrown to get the reaction!