Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are you the only Charlton fan you know???

1235»

Comments

• Where I sit in the West Stand theres hundreds near me.
  • Halix said:

Where I sit in the West Stand theres hundreds near me.

As many as that?
  • Halix said:

As many as that?
    And all complaining.
  • I swear I'm the only Charlton fan in the World and in reality everyone else is just a cardboard cut out and that you lot are just AI Bots to ensure I dont feel too lonely... there surely cant be two people in this world that support this club!!
  • edited October 2016

I swear I'm the only Charlton fan in the World and in reality everyone else is just a cardboard cut out and that you lot are just AI Bots to ensure I dont feel too lonely... there surely cant be two people in this world that support this club!!

The very words i used when talking to my Psychiatrist.
    There's some wonderful relaxing drugs on the market which make you see the world in a difference way. This is why i have enjoyed our 100% winning run this season and attacking style of play
  • There must be some sort of Charlton lay lines converging where I work as most of my work colleagues,20 + are all Addicks .
  • fadgadget said:

There must be some sort of Charlton lay lines converging where I work as most of my work colleagues,20 + are all Addicks .

Do you work in a Mirror Factory? ;)
  • There are loads in my local. Easy to recognise, they have all got a twitch.
  • pettgra said:

There are loads in my local. Easy to recognise, they have all got a twitch.

Is it a twitch in the arm... almost as though they're throwing a small invisible object in their hand?
  • Sponsored links:

• pettgra said:

There are loads in my local. Easy to recognise, they have all got a twitch.

Is it a twitch in the arm... almost as though they're throwing a small invisible object in their hand?
    Ha Ha. Usually at the TV Screen!
  • Talking football at work recently, I was told there's a Charlton fan that works close to me in Doncaster, called 'Sid'. Don't know if he's on here.

• I live rural Dartford theres about four in the so called village me being one.

However,my mates/acquantances in the Dartford area who support prem clubs,most of them have Charlton as their second side.
  • It's probably been mentioned a few times on here but I've only just seen the thread. I'm the only Charlton fan I know of my age group (34).

Never had mates my own age to go with. Was always my old man, then my uncle (the 31 year man), and people they knew.

Being a Charlton fan wasn't something you would probably choose to be if you were a kid born in south east London and you didn't have a parent or a mate's parents to get you into it.

I truly believe a club like ours are passed on down the generations and that is one of the saddest things about our current owners. If they are turning ready to be fathers away with their inept management, then we could have a serious shortage of future fans. God knows it's hard enough to convince a kid of 8/9 to watch league one football in this day and age with the constant premiership glitz and sky being rammed down their throat. Let alone with an owner like ours
  • AshBurton said:

Swisdom said:

I'm in Snodland and a couple of years ago was dropping something off at my next-door-but-one neighbour who's from 'oop north. We'd been neighbours for about a year.

Imagine my surprise when I spotted a Charlton gnome in the front garden!

He now sits with me and we've done a few away trips together.

Aside from that I too have to say hello to any other Addicks I see away from the football ground - we are so few and far between!

To be honest though I LOVE being a Charlton fan because it's a talking point. It's a bit different. Wouldn't change it for the world.

In fact once in my life in the prem days I was called a glory hunter! Can you believe it

Ah, I've always wondered about the guy who sits next to a gnome at Charlton matches. Mystery solved.
    LOL superb
  • DA9 said:

Had a rockabilly mate of mine in Hemsby last weekend (he is west ham), say to me "your the only Charlton fan I have ever met"

He ain't old school then mate. Del Chapman, Alan, Mick Argent, Dave Begent, Mark Lamborn, Mark Kozlowski, Terry Clancy, Steve Chadwick and me, all rockin' and all Charlton...
    Still see Mick at home games
  • Halix said:

Are you sure they're not undercover security...just in case you have a banner!
  • I am in Baden Baden (Germany) and last night I was at a party. We had 2 charlton fans in the bar with a third (unconfirmed) who I didn't get to talk to.

On top of that I had lunch with an old school Millwall fan who was pissed about their poor performance against fleetwood. At least I made him pay for my schnitzel and beers!
  • Anyone get the "oh Ive got a mate who supports Charlton!" response? I seem to get that a lot.

Its up there with the amount who mention bringing "my spurs supporting mate" on match/post match threads....
  • Sponsored links:

• I moved to upper norwood about a year ago and im so alone, luckily I dont go out when the stripey wankers are playing....

I did see a car with a charlton sticker on the back by west norwood station and I got quite excited about it, when I was in erith at least thete were other charlton fans, and dead rats...which you could say {Terms and Conditions Apply}

Wonder if that was mine. I've played a couple of gigs there.
  • Living these days in remote village in Northamptonshire I felt all lonely on the Charlton front, but to my great surprise there turned out to be three of us, usually at least two go to most games home and away especially, and we're all f......g miserable.
  • edited October 2016
    Went to Chessington a couple of weeks ago and see a bloke with a Charlton coat on. Conversation went something like this.

Me: "Roland out!"

Excuse me?
    Roland out

Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about

The owners. You're wearing a Charlton coat.

Oh is that his name. I had a season ticket until 4 years ago but haven't been for a while.

I didn't know if I should feel like a turnip or he should.