Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hogan Ephraim

Just read that he is playing MLS for Toronto FC now. Seems a bit of a waste as I think he could have been a useful acquisition for us.

Comments

• Options
    Powell obviously didn't though
  • Options
    Thought he might have stayed in English football regardless of whether or not we signed him though
  • Options
    Good luck to the fella , had a hand in ending Huddeesfields 1000 match unbeaten run when he was with us , hope he has a great experience.
  • Options

Good luck to the fella , had a hand in ending Huddeesfields 1000 match unbeaten run when he was with us , hope he has a great experience.

Quality :-)
  • Options
    Honest player, but had my doubts. Glad we didn't sign on a permanent
  • Options

That made me chuckle
  • Options

^ what he said ^

Overhyped for me
  • Options
    I thought and think he is overrated.
  • Options
    Yesterday's man .. let's move on
  • Options
    poor mans Jerome Thomas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very harsh comments...would be a good player to have in a squad.
  • Options
    certainly wouldn't be any worse than Kerkar was
  • Options
    Powell out. Ephraim in as manager.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

^ what he said ^

Overhyped for me
    I don't remember many 'overhyping' or 'overrating' him personally.

I thought he was a decent player for his in the time he was here and would have him as a squad player.
  • Options
    Balanta on the other hand...

We should get him
  • Options
    Didn't think he was all that. No thanks
  • Options
    There's an awful lot of reasonable players out there, all desperate for a club. It's interesting that most of the second tier British players who leave the country seem to be heading for N America.
  • Options
    Would take him back. Solid addition to the squad.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A lot of people seem to expect that we'll sign a worldbeater and pay peanuts.
    Okay, CP signed Kermo.

The chances are he'll want to sign good Champs standard players - and players with something to prove.
    Surely players like Ephraim fall into that category?

And with Champs clubs forced to slash their playing budget this year, there could be a lot of desperate players out there this summer, forced to accept lesser wages.

• Options

poor mans Jerome Thomas

Thought Jerome Thomas was a poor man's Jerome Thomas.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Just released by Toronto FC, which is having (even by their poor standards) a shockingly bad season. Given that, can't imagine he would be Championship standard, but I will defer to you all.
  • Options
    Still think he's good enough for the right team in mid-table Championship. He wouldn't have 100+ appearances at this level otherwise.
  • Options
    I was a tad quick with my comments. Toronto FC hasn't demonstrated a sterling record of identifying and signing players over the years, so the mere fact that they didn't find him to fit the bill probably shouldn't be held against him. That said, I would think that Ryan Nelsen probably has a fairly accurate eye for quality, but time will tell.
  • Options
    Can't say he exactly caught the eye - Can anyone here be specific about any qualities he showed with us? We ought to be aiming a bit higher this season....
  • Options
    He was recalled by QPR not released by Toronto according to his twitter account.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    That may be. Initial reports here were "released" or "put on waivers", and I now see that Toronto FC announced that they ended the loan deal with QPR, so doesn't sound like a recall to me. Timing would also appear odd for a recall.
  • Options

That may be. Initial reports here were "released" or "put on waivers", and I now see that Toronto FC announced that they ended the loan deal with QPR, so doesn't sound like a recall to me. Timing would also appear odd for a recall.

not really, they can speak to him about next season now
  • Options

not really, they can speak to him about next season now
    Don't they have Skype in Canada? Plus 'talking about next season' just means calling in his (probably) English agent really.
  • Options
    I can see him coming back.
  • Options
    hed just be cover for Harriot ...if i were him id go to a club where he got regular football (somewhere like peterboro/orient/brentford ) to make a name for himself or not ...

not for me