Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermogant

Comments

• Options

RedChaser said:
    I was sitting a few rows back in the north lower that day right in front of him when he scored that. I thought he was gonna cross it then I saw him look directly at the goal and thought 'he's gonna shoot'. Despite what anyone says I am certain it was intentional! The audacity and the belief in your own talent to even try it, let alone pull it off to perfection what a man!
    What an amazing goal and what a great day that was!
  • Options
    Saw something on twitter last night that I'd completely forgot about... the #dontsellyannkermorgant hashtag.

I hope the guy knows how much of a legend he is at the Valley.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

RedChaser said:
    I was sitting a few rows back in the north lower that day right in front of him when he scored that. I thought he was gonna cross it then I saw him look directly at the goal and thought 'he's gonna shoot'. Despite what anyone says I am certain it was intentional! The audacity and the belief in your own talent to even try it, let alone pull it off to perfection what a man!
    I was fortunate to be one of those fans who travelled back from Brentford, after our 1-0 away win (BWP IIRC), on the train with Yann (who was only wearing his flip flops). Really ameniable chap no airs and graces who was happy to chat and sign my match ticket.

He had decided to travel back with his friend over from France rather than go back on the team coach. Happy days.
  • Options

So many different emotions.
    Delighted for Yann but also feel a little sick looking at that photo.
    Roland you bastard.

Absolutely love this photo;shame about the team! Martin says thanks, on numerous counts!
    THIS. I watched the 2nd half last night with a tear in my eye & a lump in my throat. He should never have been sold & I wish I could get my hands on Driesen & ask him to explain why he thought Pete the Pole was a better option.

• Options
    Rob62 said:

RedChaser said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m2BMzhHrNl8
    Free kick in 3-2 win over Brighton, now in the Prem whilst we languish in the bottom half of L1 :rage: .

Don't think winning the semi final gets you to the prem :)
    Coming second in the Championship does though :p
    I thought you were talking about Yann in the Yann thread, not Brighton in the Yann thread.
  • Options

Rob62 said:

RedChaser said:

Free kick in 3-2 win over Brighton, now in the Prem whilst we languish in the bottom half of L1 :rage: .

I thought you were talking about Yann in the Yann thread, not Brighton in the Yann thread.
    Ye why would we talk about that northern club?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Rob62 said:

RedChaser said:

Ye why would we talk about that northern club?
    Dale is that you?
  • Options
    We have mental owners and CEO so sold him. Still no idea why Howe let him go from Bournemouth. Better than most of their squad I reckon. Definite PL player despite his pace. Every bit as good as Sheringham at this stage in his career.
  • Options

We have mental owners and CEO so sold him. Still no idea why Howe let him go from Bournemouth. Better than most of their squad I reckon. Definite PL player despite his pace. Every bit as good as Sheringham at this stage in his career.

I love Yann, but as good as Sheringham, leave off.
  • Options
    When arsenal went for Giroud I reckon they got the wrong player. A bit like when they went for Jenkinson over Solly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen new thread. Sorry
  • Options

Just noticed he's on the bench tonight for Reading. Good news for all concerned

Gather this is his last season; hope he finishes on a high
  • Options
    Top man. Became a legend in his short tenure at the Valley.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Still angry hes not finishing his career with us, having had seven wonderful years. A bunch of Belgian pricks who know nothing about football ruined that for us didn't they.

Where do you get this seven years from?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

drewman said:

Still angry hes not finishing his career with us, having had seven wonderful years. A bunch of Belgian pricks who know nothing about football ruined that for us didn't they.

Where do you get this seven years from?
    Guess he joined us in 2011 so has been seven years since then that he's gone on to play some brilliant Football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

Where did you hear that?
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Where did you hear that?
    I seem to recall he was calling it a day at the end of this season, he will not be a regular in the first team now even if fit.
  • Options

cafcwill said:

drewman said:

Takeover complete by January... the new owners become legends by getting Yann on loan for the rest of the season
    *** Tingles at the thought of this****

would be the ultimate way to win back every fan instantly.

New owners first act, Undo Rolands biggest mistake and bring back Yann!
    I feel like there's a chance he'd do it if he wasn't getting first team football for Reading - whilst money talks I can imagine he'd take a slight hit to finish his career here with having a right old go at League 1 promotion.

The thought of us rotating Big Mag and a 35-year-old Yann in League 1 would turn us into a legitimate auto-promotion threat, not totally reliant on Magennis being fully fit for 46 games.

Sorry, sorry, carried away... back to reality... It would be so good though.
    Couldn't agree more. Him and Jacko lifting the trophy would be too much.
  • Options

cafcwill said:

drewman said:

Takeover complete by January... the new owners become legends by getting Yann on loan for the rest of the season
    *** Tingles at the thought of this****

would be the ultimate way to win back every fan instantly.

New owners first act, Undo Rolands biggest mistake and bring back Yann!
    I feel like there's a chance he'd do it if he wasn't getting first team football for Reading - whilst money talks I can imagine he'd take a slight hit to finish his career here with having a right old go at League 1 promotion.

The thought of us rotating Big Mag and a 35-year-old Yann in League 1 would turn us into a legitimate auto-promotion threat, not totally reliant on Magennis being fully fit for 46 games.

Sorry, sorry, carried away... back to reality... It would be so good though.
    Read that as Big Mak at first and thought you were going to bring back Makienok while you were at it, which might have been a bit far.
  • Options
    Good job contracts mean nothing these days. Just means our new owners can have the benefit of Yann for 18 months!