Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• Options
    Detest Mourinho and always have, but moreso the fawning media lickspittles who hang on every one of his petulant utterances as if they were the word of God, and publicise his trivial opinions as meaningful news.
  • Options
    How much longer will they stick with him for?

Worst ever start to a premier league season. 19 points behind Liverpool. 11 points behind 4th.

Leaving Pogba on the bench to prove a point, Martial wants away, De Gea surely can't be too fussed about staying.
  • Options

Worst ever start to a premier league season. 19 points behind Liverpool. 11 points behind 4th.

Leaving Pogba on the bench to prove a point, Martial wants away, De Gea surely can't be too fussed about staying.

He has to go. He has had the money but has wasted it. They need to change half the squad and Mourinho clearly cannot be trusted to do that. Not getting the best, or even playing one of their only world class players.

Would imagine Zidane would be interested and could be a decent appointment.
  • Options

He has to go. He has had the money but has wasted it. They need to change half the squad and Mourinho clearly cannot be trusted to do that. Not getting the best, or even playing one of their only world class players.

Would imagine Zidane would be interested and could be a decent appointment.
    They have the players its just that he seems to demotivate players and pick fights with so many of them.

Get a more attack minded manager and they would look a different side.

Thought from the start that he wasn't the right fit for them.
  • Options
    Gone!!!
  • Options
    Not very surprising really. Pogba will be dancing again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're not special anymore
  • Options
    Long overdue and good news for English players. He builds teams on compact defensive organisation and kicking lumps out of teams. If that doesn't work he has no answer and stifles creative players.
  • Options
    Big Sam is available.
  • Options
    Carrick in charge for the next two days before a caretaker takes over until the end of the season
  • Options
    the team wasn't performing for him, he's not managing well, famous, infamous, unknown, he had to go .. won't be easy for Man U to find a suitable replacement, the club might well write off this season and make an appointment in the summer
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I read yesterday that if they sacked him before the end of the season, he'd walk away with £24m. If they waited until the end of the season, it would be £18m.
    Christ, I'm in the wrong business.

Football lives in a different world.

A 24m payout for failure.
  • Options
    Any worries Poch would be tempted @JohnBoyUK ?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Just think, David Moyes signed a 6 year contract back in 2013. Perhaps they could get him back in to work the last year?

I think they're still paying him. Rumour has it that West Ham didn't need to pay him last season as a result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hear from a reasonable source that it might be Spurs looking for a manager next season.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Big Sam is available.

So will Poch be! Be afraid, be very afraid! :wink:
  • Options
    Presumably Jose signed off on Smalling getting another 4 years on his contract this week. I think that's called a preemptive strike.
  • Options
    Danny Mills has made a good shout for Southgate.
  • Options

Danny Mills has made a good shout for Southgate.

Danny Mills can hush his gums.
  • Options
    Mancheter United, great football club!

Jose Mourinho, great manager!

But sometimes great football clubs and great managers don't mix well together. And Manchester United and Jose Mourinho don't mix well together. He will be a success elsewhere I am sure at a club where they will mix well together. So all in all, Man United have made 100% the right decision. Or maybe he will hold out for the National Portugal job.

United are definitely going through a transition period and could possibly have a stint like Liverpool have had without winning the league. That's now THREE full time managers that they have had (not including Giggsy caretaker spell) since Sir Alex retired.

I think one thing that helped Sir Alex and Man United have that great spell was 3 long mains stays for many yeras. Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville who were part of most great teams built by Sir Alex in the Premier League era.

What they need now is a manager who is a good man-manager who can get the best out of the players and bring in the right blend so United can be at least challenging at the top consistently because where they are this season is just not acceptable for a club that stature. All they can do this season is get them performing consitently and least get them to a Europa Slot, get them as far as possible in the Championsion League and as far in the FA Cup. Then be given a summer to reinforce that squad (after assessing in the 2nd half of the season) to challenge the likes of City and Liverpool next year.
  • Options

Any worries Poch would be tempted @JohnBoyUK ?

Yep, of course.

I note Utd have said they will have a caretaker in charge until the end of the season. If they wanted Zidane then surely they'd go in for him now.
    Gives them a bit of time and gives them a bit more of a chance to get who they really want. No chance would Levy allow him to go mid-season.

With the obvious exception of trophies in the cabinet, the job Poch has done with Spurs in the last 4 seasons is exceptional. No surprise at all that the very biggest clubs would come sniffing after him.