Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• Pogba got the assist for the equaliser and didn't celebrate, didn't even look like he noticed a goal has been scored. Whatever the win glosses over, there are still clearly some deep rooted issues in the dressing room
  • Find myself being quite pleased for him to be honest - can't help but feel he's been hung out to dry a little bit. Found myself rooting for them at the end there.

Could be a bit of a turning point. Pogba was fantastic in the second half and Sanchez scoring the winner.

If those two pull their finger out of their arses and continue like that then things will turn around because they're fantastic talents.

Possibly but unlikely.

Their next few games are:

Chelsea away
    Juventus home
    Everton home
    Bournemouth away
    Juventus away
    Man City away

I don't see them winning many of those.
  • Find myself being quite pleased for him to be honest - can't help but feel he's been hung out to dry a little bit. Found myself rooting for them at the end there.

Could be a bit of a turning point. Pogba was fantastic in the second half and Sanchez scoring the winner.

If those two pull their finger out of their arses and continue like that then things will turn around because they're fantastic talents.

This.
  • Jose Mourinho has been charged over comments he made in Portuguese to a television camera after Manchester United's game against Newcastle United on 6 October.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45873321
  • Officially now United's worst start to a season for 28 years.

Also scored just 8 goals in 6 home games. Surely he has to go?
  • Over a third of the season gone and Man Utd have a negative goal difference. Unbelievable.
  • All the shit Moyes got, if this was him every United fan would want him out.

Someone needs to redo that picture of Moyes at his desk saying I have no idea what I am doing with Joses face
  • It's also been confirmed that United players are the best paid, at an average of £6.5m per annum, in the PL and puts them in the top 10 of sports teams in the world.

That's a lot of money for a Club that sits in 7th place and 14 points, after just 13 games, behind the leaders.

• Like or Loathe not really an issue. His day has gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's also been confirmed that United players are the best paid, at an average of £6.5m per annum, in the PL and puts them in the top 10 of sports teams in the world.

That's a lot of money for a Club that sits in 7th place and 14 points, after just 13 games, behind the leaders.

I would guess those figures are slightly lop-sided though given that Pogba, Lukaku and Sanchez probably earn 1m a week between them.
  • Got lucky tonight could easily have drawn 0-0 at home to Young Boys
  • Glory glory Man United
  • edited November 2018
    Who else is there that would do well and want the job at the moment even if they got rid.
  • Also Fellaini looks odd with normal hair.
  • Mourinho is an odious bully that can't take a punch back.
  • Absolute tube. Used to like him but now he’s like a guest at a party that just won’t leave. He should retire
  • He is not well. Probably needs a nice long break. Aside from the fact he's clearly cracked, there's only so much in the way of positives you can take from a match where you barely beat a Swiss team off the back of a blatant handball and an impossible save from your keeper. I still can't understand why he insists on making his Man Utd team so dull and insipid. It's like weird performance art where the central point is life is meaningless
  • Sponsored links:

• He made a good point after the game though. In 16 years of management he's played in the champions league 14 times, and qualified out of the group every time. And the 2 years he played in the Europa league.......he won it.
  • He made a good point after the game though. In 16 years of management he's played in the champions league 14 times, and qualified out of the group every time. And the 2 years he played in the Europa league.......he won it.

And in those 16 years he has managed
    Chelsea
    Real Madrid
    Man Utd
    Inter Milan

You would expect those teams to make it through group stage.

Yes also Porto and he done well there but that was start of his career
  • premier league managers of the bigger clubs i can find quite annoying

klopp loved him at dortmund but now hes at liverpool he can do one.
    mourinho for comedy value he is great and man utd aint doing so well is quite funny
    pep - will walk the league this year but wont get that invaluable champions league trophy
    poch spent f all over the summer and spurs may get top 4 which is vital in that new stadium

And in those 16 years he has managed
    Chelsea
    Real Madrid
    Man Utd
    Inter Milan

You would expect those teams to make it through group stage.

Yes also Porto and he done well there but that was start of his career
    Bit of twisted logic there. How did he get those jobs with top teams? Because he won the Champions League - didn't just progress through the group stages, won it- with a team who wouldn't have been surprised to go out in the last 16 and earned the right to be given those jobs. After that he proceeded to win leagues and cups which got him his next job and his next. At which point he has always progressed, which isn't something even Ferguson can say. You can't take away from that achievement by ignoring the basis for him being in that position in the first place.

Mourinho is well-suited to Champions League football because he knows how to grind out shitty results and draws don't hurt you like they do in a 38 game league. Jose's quite comfortable beating little teams and stifling competitors in the group, then trying to nick a tie by one or on away goals as it progresses, before he generally gets found out by better teams when his players don't know how to play with freedom once they're behind
  • Yes he got the jobs because he won with Porto but my point is Mourinho using getting through the group stage as a base of his sucess is wrong, the teams he has managed anything less than getting to last 16 would be deemed a failure.

How many times did Mourinho take the piss out of Wenger for being happy they got into the top 4, which for Arsenal anything less would be deemed a failure, well aa far as i am concerned Mourinho making his statement is the same as what he has laughed at Wenger for
  • Mourinho is pretty much a "cup manager" at this point, his style and temperament can drag teams through a cup format but its unsustainable over a League format.

He would probably be pretty good if he was manager of an International team.
  • Working his magic again i see haha

20 minutes gone
    Saints 2-0 up
  • I can't see him surviving much longer. Nice payout though!!
  • I can't wait til they sack him and have to pay him tens of millions to leave. I hate ManU.
  • United are so boring to watch with him as Manager