Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• Options
    He is a gentle and considerate lover, I will leave it at that...
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Lobes himself too much. Produces boring football teams. His interview after the second leg against Dortmund sums him up........it was all about him. I hope he goes back to Chelsea, the Club he walked out on. Those two deserve each other.

Produces boring football teams????

A complete urban myth. Under Chelsea they were certainly organised but they accumulated the most points in a single season and scored plenty of goals doing it.
    His Porto team scored some fantastic counter attacking goals, and didnt have the best players but still won the CL.
    Think I saw Madrid have scored in every away game in this seasons CL and they have battered teams in la Liga.

Bulldust. Remember watching Chelsea when Mourinho was there? I remember turning off the TV because they were terrible to watch. He did the samenat Inter, they were shockingbto watch. There wasba rumout that hebwould go the ' Capello' way at Real because, although they were getting close to Trophies, his way was not the Real way. You have rose tinted because he won trophies and he is a 'personality

You must have a completely different measuremnt of entertaining football than i do. Not all teams are gonna play like Barca and Spain. Chelsea had flair but in wasnt in abundance because it doesnt suit English football. They were strong, powerful and organised. Thats not boring football at all. They averaged 2 goals per game under Mourinho, and some of their CL exploits (especially Barcelona semi finals) were top games.
    Mourinho has adapted to Portuguese, English, Italian & Spanish style of football...and been succesful in all of them.
    Granted, his Inter team werent free flowing, BUT they won the treble and CL. Italian football has generally always been 'boring' anyway.

And lets not let 'trophies' get in the way ay.
  • Options

He is a gentle and considerate lover, I will leave it at that...

But does he stay awake and cuddle after?
  • Options
    I'm aware that it's his version of mindgames, but he's taken it to a whole new and completely classless level. Poking Vilanova in the eye was beyond deplorable. If Suarez pulled this kind of nonsense he'd be banned until the end of time.
  • Options

I'm aware that it's his version of mindgames, but he's taken it to a whole new and completely classless level.

Totally agree....

...and just because he sent someones nan a `thank you' letter doesn't make him some kind of God. It's just basic manners.

• Options
    Absolutely adore him.

• Options
    Love him. Football is a soap opera when the ball is not in play, and Jose is the new Jim Robinson.
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Mourinho Vs Di Canio should be great to watch

Can you imagine it? it'll be brilliant

• Options

Said this before but i'll say it again:

Got huge respect for Jose.

My Nan sent him a England v Portugal programme from 1974 (I think) because she didn't know what to do with it, so she sent it to him while he was manager of Chelsea hoping that it would help bring back 'memories' for him.

He sent a reply back a few days later, saying how thoughtful it was and how he remembered the game/era well. He also signed the programme with his best wishes. Top man.

Great story. Nice thing for him respond the way he did. Bet your Nan was over the moon Stubley.

Would like to see him back in English football.
    Haha well in some ways yes! But my Nan wanted to get rid of it lol! I now have it along with the letter.

And @Draizetrain I didn't state that my Nan did this with a few programmes to different sides and only Mourinho responded.
  • Options

Is that known as the "mating toad"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love him! Makes football interesting. I was told by someone who works in Chelsea that he spoke to everyone at the club - real; nice guy - nothing like the persona on the telly
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's all about opinions obviously, but I'm surprised this thread isn't more balanced. Mourinho is, without doubt, a brilliant Manager, but his behaviour is too often unforgivable.

Three examples come to mind immediately; 1) accuses referee Anders Frisk of talking to Frank Rijkaard at HT in a game against Barca. Frisk receives death threats as result and retires. Mourinho never apologises, 2) criticises Reading ambulance services for being late and arrangements at Reading as being inadequate when Czech got injured, claiming this nearly cost Czech his life. Evidence proves him wrong. Never apologises, 3) accuses Arsene Wenger of voyeurism.

There are many more examples.

I'm surprised Real Madrid's owners have tolerated his antics and tactics. If I were lucky enough to own one of Europe's big clubs I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. The image and reputation of the Club would be too important to me and I'd expect him to damage both. People with his position and profile need to be more responsible. He often behaves like a spoilt teenager.

Just an opinion, of course.
  • Options

It's all about opinions obviously, but I'm surprised this thread isn't more balanced. Mourinho is, without doubt, a brilliant Manager, but his behaviour is too often unforgivable.

Three examples come to mind immediately; 1) accuses referee Anders Frisk of talking to Frank Rijkaard at HT in a game against Barca. Frisk receives death threats as result and retires. Mourinho never apologises, 2) criticises Reading ambulance services for being late and arrangements at Reading as being inadequate when Czech got injured, claiming this nearly cost Czech his life. Evidence proves him wrong. Never apologises, 3) accuses Arsene Wenger of voyeurism.

There are many more examples.

I'm surprised Real Madrid's owners have tolerated his antics and tactics. If I were lucky enough to own one of Europe's big clubs I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. The image and reputation of the Club would be too important to me and I'd expect him to damage both. People with his position and profile need to be more responsible. He often behaves like a spoilt teenager.

Just an opinion, of course.

Do we know for a fact he never apologised?

The Anders Frisk thing was Steve Clarke accusing wasn't it?? Think he was adamant in what he saw and it turned out to be another doorway he walked into.

Mourinho certainly has his faults but I always think he's pretty fair overall.
  • Options

Why didn't he just say "I have agreed to become Chelsea manager next season and have already signed the contract"?

Because Real Madrid with whom he has a contract unti 2016 might just get a bit miffed at seeing someone they thought was being employed by them actually going to work for a rival.

No it was just the the way Jose said things in that press conference he may as well have just sai he was going to Chelsea. I mean he did give away a bit too much as it is.
  • Options

3) accuses Arsene Wenger of voyeurism.

Now that's just bloody ridiculous! Accusing Wenger of seeing something?

• Options
    Benitez basically said Mourinho would be in charge of Chelsea next season.

"Next season there will be another manager (at Chelsea). I think everybody knows who will be here."
  • Options
    Meh !
  • Options
    Like for me. A great manager who says it as it is.
  • Options
    Winning trophies in four countries is something special... a lot of players and managers have done a lot worse than him ... looking forward to seeing him in the Premier League next season ... wherever he ends up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Press conference at 1:30pm today , not sure if its on Sky Sports News, but hoping its on the radio, should be interesting.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Like for me. A great manager who says it as it is.

Accept he doesn't ! He lies !
  • Options
    No problem with Mourinho, just hate the way the fawning press cant get enough of him so every back page during close season with be Jose says... ad nauseum
  • Options
    3-1 Watford! Bad week Jose!
  • Options
    Good, taxi for Jose
  • Options
    Rooney is so bad now - £300,000 a week for that.
  • Options

This. A complete pile of shite that has been hiding since AF quit. I find it abhorrent that he stills gets to wear the England shirt.

He should be at West Brom or somewhere now given his decline in ability and physique
  • Options
    cabbles said:

This. A complete pile of shite that has been hiding since AF quit. I find it abhorrent that he stills gets to wear the England shirt.

He should be at West Brom or somewhere now given his decline in ability and physique
    They've spent £90m on a guy who they are playing out of position to accommodate him too. Crazy.

Thought Mourinho might have the guts to bin Rooney but I guess not.

They look a mile behind the likes of Spurs and Liverpool let alone Man City.
  • Options
    yesterday's man ..