Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• Options
    United's share price up 5% following Mourinho's sacking. But then it's still 35% down since August.
  • Options

A complete failure at Man Utd but still won more than Klopp.

He's also been managing longer and has spent a hell of a lot more.
    Not much in it actually.

Klopp has been at Liverpool since October 2015 and spent £393m
    Jose has been at United since May 2016 and spend £420m
    This doesn't take into account the wages in lieu of transfer fee that United have committed to pay Sanchez - one of the reasons that United's wage bill is £300m and the second highest in Europe behind Barcelona.

Sanchez, the man who City turned down because he wanted too much money. Fantastic financial result for him and his agent but pitiful in terms of the player he has now become.
  • Options
    Solskjaer confirmed on Uniteds club website by accident. Since removed.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I think the interim appointment makes sense given that might have more choice of managers in the summer, but the Solskjaer thing is weird.

They need a Hiddink type, experienced, likeable, will come in and do the simple things well for 6 months and stabilise things.

People might laugh but I think Harry Redknapp would have been perfect - likeable for the fans and media, would get a bit of team spirit back, plays reasonably attacking football, wouldn't expect to stick around after May given his age.
  • Options

So they basically want someone who can potentially keep Pogba happy and sod the rest of the team then
    Deschamps?
  • Options
    Redknapp would've been a very interesting short term appointment (and a good one I reckon)
  • Options
    Solskjaer has been appointed the Man Utd Interim Manager

Got a feeling this could go the same way as Karel Fraeye with United having a third Manager at some stage this season
  • Options
    His 1st game away to Cardiff
  • Options
    Shame they only probably need a few more points to avoid relegation, they're currently on 26 yet cant see the team in 18th getting more than 30-points to survive
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Jose Mourinho career has become similar to Brian Clough ?
    Arrogant men who backed it up with winning titles: Champions leagues and European cups plus domestic leagues.

Both were defensive managers who only played expansive football against weeker opposition.

Jose and Brian both fell out with their owners, CEO's and with their own players as they moved up the ladder. Clough at Leeds and Mourinho at Chelsea the second time and obviously at United.

The flip side to most arrogant people is a terrible insecurity which results in them constantly parading their trophies even when they are becoming out dated with their inability to change with the times and realise that dressing rooms are very powerful places. Clough failed to sense this at Leeds and the side of Internationals got him sacked.

Mourinho convinced his Porto side, the young Chelsea team and the disciplined Inter Milan side to play his way, at Real Madrid despite domestic success his tactics didn't sit well with the Galacticos.

Brian Clough and Jose Mourinho have left their mark on European football, Unfortunately like life itself, it always ends in tears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shame they only probably need a few more points to avoid relegation, they're currently on 26 yet cant see the team in 18th getting more than 30-points to survive

Ha ha come off it, they might be playing poorly right now but even if they got Karel Fraeye and John Barnes in as a management duo there's no chance they'd be relegated!
  • Options
    I think Utd still need to shift Pogba on now after this season ends. There's been too much back and forth between the manager and him and it's always going to be toxic after that; a new manager will come in in the summer and Pogba will know he can kill him off at will if he doesn't like how things are going. If they keep him then they're just saying that Pogba as a marketing tool is more important to them than having a squad pulling together on the pitch regardless of what's happening around them at the club, which is classic Woodward. Best thing they can do is chuck Woodward, chuck Pogba and Sanchez, lower the top wage they're willing to pay for players as right now they're just encouraging players who don't care about what happens on the pitch to join, and rebuild the squad based on getting in players who have the attributes the manager wants in order to play a certain way. Utd don't need to attract the players who shift the most shirts and get the most retweets on viral videos, they need some footballers who fit with a playing style. If they can manage that then they might actually start to assert themselves on the league again.

I hope they don't though, because I hate them.
  • Options
    I reckon that Solskjaer will be the figurehead, the real coach/manager I am sure will be Mike Phelan

QUOTE .. He was Sir Alex Ferguson's right-hand man during three Premier League title wins, a Club World Cup, two League Cups and two runs to the final of the UEFA Champions League. He departed the club shortly after Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement. UNQUOTE from Wiki ..

15 years at the club and it seems Moyes didn't want him, probably concerned that he would be overshadowed.
    Phelan is the epitome of the 'track suit number two', the power behind the throne .. we will see
  • Options
    Wonder if he'd be willing to do a one on one session with Joe Aribo?
  • Options

I reckon that Solskjaer will be the figurehead, the real coach/manager I am sure will be Mike Phelan

QUOTE .. He was Sir Alex Ferguson's right-hand man during three Premier League title wins, a Club World Cup, two League Cups and two runs to the final of the UEFA Champions League. He departed the club shortly after Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement. UNQUOTE from Wiki ..

15 years at the club and it seems Moyes didn't want him, probably concerned that he would be overshadowed.
    Phelan is the epitome of the 'track suit number two', the power behind the throne .. we will see

I'm sure his input would be invaluable, but I don't buy this "power behind the throne" bollocks.
    They used to say the same about Carlos Quieroz, Steve McClaren and Brian Kidd.
  • Options
    Utd have agreed a £7.2m compensation package with Molde IF they make OGS a permanent appointment.
    Fuck sake, I hope OGS makes a success of it!
  • Options
    Why is a Norwegian manager training his Norwegian team who you'd assume feature predominantly Norwegian players..........speaking in English?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018

Why is a Norwegian manager training his Norwegian team who you'd assume feature predominantly Norwegian players..........speaking in English?
    Isnt English a universal language though? - i.e. they've got players from Norway | Sweden | Cameroon | Nigeria | Belgium | Senegal at the moment, guess for the non-Scandinavians (even Swedes), there will be more chance that they've been taught English at school rather than Norwegian so its easier for him to get his point across

Despite being sure there being a Norwegian word for "F*cking shoot" I remember there being a Roy Hodgson interview shown once when he was in charge of Viking when he's speaking to the press in fluent Norwegian yet had to say one sentence ("Baptism of fire") in English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DChSaOcOHU4
  • Options
    Fair point when you put it like that, just seemed surprising at first but i guess it makes sense.

I wonder if Wolves training sessions are conducted in Portuguese.......
  • Options

Fair point when you put it like that, just seemed surprising at first but i guess it makes sense.

Yeah I often wonder that...
  • Options

Man U's recent training sessions seem to have been conducted in gibberish .. wonder if Bowyer and Neil Harris conduct theirs in Cockney rhyming slang ?
  • Options
    Also thought it was amusing that OGS used "yards" instead of "metres"!
  • Options

Also thought it was amusing that OGS used "yards" instead of "metres"!

yards = good old English, metres = French rubbish ((:>)
  • Options
    Surprised he’s not shouting at them to put in the hard chains and furlongs
  • Options
    Haha i like that video, but i just cant see this working out well!
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Rodgers,sorry

I'm sure he is, but there's no chance they'll be interested in him. Frankly, his team in Scotland SHOULD be winning everything as they've had such a headstart on Rangers since he's been there. A bang average manager if ever there was one.
  • Options
    Great start for OGS

Notice flashscore has them playing a 4-3-3 wonder if thats acurate