Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• Curbishley 16-1
  • A complete failure at Man Utd but still won more than Klopp.

He's also been managing longer and has spent a hell of a lot more.
    Not much in it actually.

Klopp has been at Liverpool since October 2015 and spent £393m
    Jose has been at United since May 2016 and spend £420m
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Poch to Real Madrid, ZZ to Spurs.

Manure will struggle to find anyone to take on what is an impossible job.

Why would Zidane choose Spurs over United?

United will pay him more and also give him more transfer funds. Plus there's not much room for improvement at Spurs, whereas he can't really fail to do better than where United currently are.
    The pressure at Spurs would be less, the expectation at United is through the roof, and it's London, not Manchester!

Not sure United would pay him much more than Spurs.
    Mourinho was earning around 18m a season at Man U.

Pochettino signed a new deal in the summer......8.5m a season.

I'd imagine Zidane could command somewhere close to Jose's salary if United really wanted him.

Not much in it actually.

Klopp has been at Liverpool since October 2015 and spent £393m
    Jose has been at United since May 2016 and spend £420m
    Liverpool recouped a third of that with selling Coutinho though.

No doubt the two sides have pretty much swapped since they came in.
  • After decades of living under the shadow of United it must be heaven being a city fan at the moment.

Doesnt change the fact the bin dippers have won absolutely zero under him, but go on like he's the messiah.

Since Jose took over at Utd until today, Mourinho won 2 trophies and Klopp 0.
    3 according to Jose!
  • For such a high profile manager he has been sacked quite a lot.
  • The statement says they'll be appointing someone within 48 hours until the end of the season who has connections to man utd but not currently at the club.

Laurent blanc is my guess
  • People online saying Giggs

But he wont leave a full time job with Wales to become man utd manager for a few months.

How about G.Nev he done well at Valencia :wink:
  • The statement says they'll be appointing someone within 48 hours until the end of the season who has connections to man utd but not currently at the club.

Laurent blanc is my guess

Jaap Stam?
  • Sponsored links:

• Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus.image
  • Why don't they just bring back Fergie for half a season.
    I'm sure he'd love to rip into Pogba and co.
  • Mark Hughes is between jobs at the moment ;)
  • JohnBoyUK said:

One thing the book does cover is Poch's admiration for Sir Alex Ferguson, the legacy he created at Old Trafford and how he would like to repeat the same thing at Spurs with Levy.

(That was before Levy didn't back him in the last transfer window mind you! Sigh.)

The thing is, do you think he has the financial resource/support that he needs to make such level of achievements at Spurs?

As for the book, I was really impressed by how he went to Southampton as a 'nobody' (in English football) and won the players over in a very short period of time. (IIRC, Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana etc. were full of respect for him.) And he believes in the importance of developing young players. This point alone is why I like him ten times more than managers such as Mourinho.

I remember when I first saw him in post-match interviews on MOTD he had a translator with him. My mum and I would laugh at that saying 'what kind of manager needs a translator?!' And only three or four years later now he's one of the best managers in the world. I never liked watching Spurs but since he went there, they/you have become the Premier League team that I enjoy watching most (well besides Man City). Like I said before, I hope he stays at Spurs and at least wins some trophies before leaving.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Why don't they just bring back Fergie for half a season.
    I'm sure he'd love to rip into Pogba and co.

Honestly think he would have gone back for half a season, but after what had happened this year his doctors would probably stop it as the stress wouldnt be good for him
  • Zidane

Don’t think he’ll do much better than Mourinho but as long as he puts Pogba and Martial etc on the pitch he’ll escape most of the blame.
  • He's absolutely done now. Can see maybe PSG if anyone at the top coming in for him further down the line, but who would care. He's toxic. Used to be such a good manager and I rated him, but his histrionics are boring and repetitive

See that tool Pogba but something silly up on social media and Gary Neville quite rightly replied 'do one'. He's just another example of the pussy celebrity footballers the modern game cultivates. Great player and top talent but has no respect, is more interested in videoing himself doing silly dances with Lingaard than he is sorting how out shit a season United are having

Utter joke. These youngsters need to learn a bit of humility and respect. If I were a Utd fan I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team
  • edited December 2018
  • edited December 2018
    cabbles said:

He's absolutely done now. Can see maybe PSG if anyone at the top coming in for him further down the line, but who would care. He's toxic. Used to be such a good manager and I rated him, but his histrionics are boring and repetitive

See that tool Pogba but something silly up on social media and Gary Neville quite rightly replied 'do one'. He's just another example of the pussy celebrity footballers the modern game cultivates. Great player and top talent but has no respect, is more interested in videoing himself doing silly dances with Lingaard than he is sorting how out shit a season United are having

Utter joke. These youngsters need to learn a bit of humility and respect. If I were a Utd fan I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team

Of course he's not. If you're looking for a quick fix for 1-2 years he's absolutely ideal. It was only 18 months ago that he won 2 (albeit lesser) trophies.

18 years in management and he's won 25 trophies. Plenty of clubs will still be interested.

If the likes of Pulis, Moyes, Hughes, Pardew etc can go from job to job then i'm sure someone who's actually successful can do the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it was Zidane why would they wait until the end of the season?

Must be someone already in a job
  • cabbles said:

He's absolutely done now. Can see maybe PSG if anyone at the top coming in for him further down the line, but who would care. He's toxic. Used to be such a good manager and I rated him, but his histrionics are boring and repetitive

Of course he's not. If you're looking for a quick fix for 1-2 years he's absolutely ideal. It was only 18 months ago that he won 2 (albeit lesser) trophies.

18 years in management and he's won 25 trophies. Plenty of clubs will still be interested.

If the likes of Pulis, Moyes, Hughes, Pardew etc can go from job to job then i'm sure someone who's actually successful can do the same.
    Which clubs would want him that he would consider his level

Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Juventus
    Inter Milan
    Roma
    Napoli
    Bayern Munich
    Dortmund
    PSG
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Man City

I'm just listing top CL clubs which is where I presume he'll want to go? Heard rumours of Portugal national team, but I can't see any top European Club indulging him

Maybe Porto again?
  • cabbles said:

3!!!! It was THREE.
    3.jpg 53.5K
  • Think he will end up back in Serie A. Maybe AC Milan.

A good time to snap up a top manager with something to prove again.

I think any manager will struggle at Utd at the moment. Jose is still an elite manager.
  • Poor old Jose.

The ego has landed ...

... flat on his face.

Mind you, a multi-million pound pay-off will help soothe away the pain and he'll be in a new job soon enough.
  • His record speaks for itself. When I look at Man Utd, they remind me of a decent Everton, which is fine if you are Everton but not acceptable for them,
  • edited December 2018
    Jose will back in football by the start of next season. Real Madrid or Inter will come calling
  • edited December 2018
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Which clubs would want him that he would consider his level

Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Juventus
    Inter Milan
    Roma
    Napoli
    Bayern Munich
    Dortmund
    PSG
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Man City

I'm just listing top CL clubs which is where I presume he'll want to go? Heard rumours of Portugal national team, but I can't see any top European Club indulging him

Maybe Porto again?
    Serie A is a possibility without a doubt, Roma or perhaps AC Milan.

Maybe even Real Madrid again if Solari doesn't work out as Perez likes him.
  • The chosen one for the pump