Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Sullivan and Mambo released this summer

John Sullivan @JohnSullivan13 17m Had a nice chat with the #cafc coaching staff today and I can confirm my time at the club is now over. Appreciate all they have done for me!

------

Right thing for all, needs to be playing regularly at this stage. Good luck John

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Can see AFC Wimbledon taking him, if wages aren't a big factor.

Think the fans really took to him.
  • Top bloke, but not a Championship quality keeper. Best for us and for him that he moves on. Hope he gets a good contract with the right club.
  • Davo55 said:

Top bloke, but not a Championship quality keeper. Best for us and for him that he moves on. Hope he gets a good contract with the right club.

this .. good luck in the future JS
  • Can see a lot more being notified in the coming days.

Good luck to John though, he'll definitely pick up a contract somewhere.
  • Good luck to John, stood behind him and Morro at Millwall, and he's seemed like a decent guy. I'm sure he'll find a good club for next season!
  • Mambo has confirmed he has been released too and sounds like Azeez and Evina are also off.
  • We're releasing players already?
  • be disappointed if we let Azeez go
  • edited April 2013

Mambo has confirmed he has been released too and sounds like Azeez and Evina are also off.

Evina isn't. Think his tweet was in support of those that are.
  • Dizzle said:

We're releasing players already?

Looks like they've told out of contract players whether they'll be offered a new deal or released. Contracts don't end until the end of June.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2013

Mambo has confirmed he has been released too and sounds like Azeez and Evina are also off.

Disagree re Azeez & Evina, you're just guessing/making it up. They haven't said they're leaving.
  • When interviewed on bbc london before our game with brighton he spoke about us like if he was one of us

Top top man and i wish him well and i will always watch out for his career in the future

• edited April 2013

Mambo has confirmed he has been released too
    So, no Mambo no 5 at Charlton! :-(
  • Mambo and Sullivan only confirmed atm. Shame about Mambo really, seemed to be doing well in L1 and still think the step up was possible but hopefully that means we're looking at getting good quality this summer and there won't be room for the likes of Mambo. Expect him to stay at Shrewsbury to be honest.
  • I have a feeling that like so many released ex 'youth' central defenders in the past, Mambo will return with a vengeance one day
  • Azeez' twitter says otherwise! Said 'what will be, will be' he then retweeted harriott who said 'cant believe the news I've just heard
  • tom derry the youth player has gone to gillingham
  • Why do it before the final game of the season though doesnt seem right or fair to me

Unless we are trimming the wage bill to either

a show a healthier balance sheet when selling the business

B to ensure we get through summer

C to make room for quality signings

You decide
  • Sounds like b to me nla
  • cant imagine azeez is on much though, so why get rid of him?
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope

a

I fear b

I wish c
  • Still have to pay their contracts till 1st July
  • Or pay them up until
  • Why do it before the final game of the season though doesnt seem right or fair to me

Unless we are trimming the wage bill to either

a show a healthier balance sheet when selling the business

B to ensure we get through summer

C to make room for quality signings

You decide

D: To give them more time to find new clubs.

• B-the takeover thing won't happen (i am not itk).

best of luck to JS, thought he'd make it with us when i first saw him play.
  • Cédric Evina ‏@ceddyevina 2m
    I think my previous tweets are being taken completely out of context here. Please do not make assumptions.
  • Or D

much nicer shirty and more likely but not as good to worry about in the pre season madness
  • Very best of luck John.
  • edited April 2013

Or pay them up until

Either way it does not address b
  • But may help a and c and d