Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

At the Boro....

The missus is from the Boro, so managed to get my youngest as our mascot.

I went into our dressing room with him getting autographs etc. I'm not sure what I expected really but this lot are a *really* focused group of players.

Really impressed how on the money they were and I can see how the staff around the squad make it click and work really well.

All the players are spot on individuals and my opinion of SCP has changed also.

I think a lot of supporters assume he's happy go lucky smiling Powelly....

Not in a million years, this fella is meticulous (spl? drink) and totally professional. Was really impressed. This fella will be off to bigger clubs than us he knows how to get a job done.

Alex Dyer and Damien Matthew again, same thing spot on and on message.

That was the thing today for me. They are all singing from the same hymn sheet and the least squad member is as valued as the highest.

Very impressed and not what I expected.

Off for a few beers and a long drive back tomorrow.

Our support today was brilliant today.

Comments

• Options
    Nice one, hope you got loads of photo's.
  • Options
    Love that. Makes me feel very proud for the club I support.
  • Options
    Had the same in the dressing room at hudders,made to feel welcome and players took time out to make it a great day for mascot. woman in charge of things at hudders told me not all away teams will have away mascot in dressing room,think what a disappointment for the mascot .thankfully our club realise the importance of this sort of thing.
  • Options
    Glad you had a great day mate, and your son. How many did we take to Boro?
  • Options

Glad you had a great day mate, and your son. How many did we take to Boro?

Think I saw on twitter we took around 650.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Glad to hear it falcon wood as you weren't a fan a short while ago. You were quite anti.

I saw a differnt side of Powell at Yeovil away on his first season when i was in the away end. I realised when he was getting abuse from the home fans that he wasn't such the sweet guy everyone thinks he is. He is tough which is great. He's not too soft.
  • Options
    Powell's a winner and a top professional who got the very most out of his ability as a player and he will do the same as a manager. I don't see him leaving for a while unless he's pushed. There's still a lot more he can achieve with us.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Powell's a winner and a top professional who got the very most out of his ability as a player and he will do the same as a manager. I don't see him leaving for a while unless he's pushed. There's still a lot more he can achieve with us.

You'd better believe it !

• Options
    Interesting thing with the mascots. When Kinsella was captain I was always quietly impressed that he used to get them around him, do a few passes and so on with them in a circle. Was a sign of a decent human being.
  • Options

Interesting thing with the mascots. When Kinsella was captain I was always quietly impressed that he used to get them around him, do a few passes and so on with them in a circle. Was a sign of a decent human being.

Either that or he knew the limit of his passing ability....... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far tougher than I thought really.