Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It was Sixty Six years ago today...

That we won the FA Cup - just saying.

Comments

• That's worth having a beer on.
  • My late grandparents and father were at Wembley to see it.
  • edited April 2013
    As was my dad, Len. He didn't get back to Abbey Wood 'til sometime on the Sunday: one for the 'dog house' thread! Still got his lucky rattle, though it hasn't been so lucky in t'Cup since then!
  • Great pic posted on the CAFC facebook page earlier today:

• edited April 2013
    My late father who supported the Addicks for 75 years before his demise in 2008 could not get a ticket for love nor money despite having endured the 1-4 loss in extra time the previous year v Derby County when the ball burst and Bert Turner scored for both teams! However Dad said there was great joy and celebrations over Duffy's winner which went on and on and on something which our local rivals can only dream about. RIP pops COYR.
  • clickety click .. there are some famous names/faces in that line up
  • I wonder when we will do it again?
  • They were saying on Talksport yesterday that it was the first Cup Final to be broadcast in full on the radio.
    They played the part of the recording where Chris Duffy scored towards the end of extra time.
  • Sponsored links:

• YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!
  • Great pic posted on the CAFC facebook page earlier today:

That's my stepmothers dad next to Big Sam. John Thomas Thornton Shreeve

Really wish I'd met him - I'd have grilled him for hours

• I wonder when we will do it again?

Nolly knows !
    ;-)

• Great photo not a sponsor in sight, is it true that the club in later years burnt the white cup final shirts or is that a myth.
  • Probably did and promised never to disgrace the club with coming near winning anything again ... Bumpkin billionaires