Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bayern vs Barca

Comments

• haha, precisely!
  • I'm probably alone in this but Barca bore me senseless.

you're not the only one mate - they can pass the ball around the half way line a million times but ffs have a shot on goal.
    so glad they lost.
  • Bayern absolutely destroyed Barcelona tonight.

Bearing in mind Bayern should've also had 2 penalties, I think complaining about Bayern's offside goal and the foul is a bit rich.

Messi nowhere to be seen and the entire Barcelona team looked average. Bayern better in every department and have been all year.
  • Also, Barcelona had something like 60% possession and barely had a shot on goal. Shows how useless their play is when up against a team as disciplined defensively as this Bayern team (shown by Chelsea and Madrid too).
  • hilarious.
  • I don't get it , I thought Barca were the greatest team ever?

I liked the way all the tippy tappy rubbish went right out of the window once 4-0 down and the started to kick Bayern.
  • Now why the bloody hell couldn't they have played like that against Chelsea in the final last season :(
  • Boom, £34 up for the day

Living the dream, do you split that with the tax payer.. or roll like RBS who are also funded by the public but keep profits ?
  • Barca possession all in own half has been Sussed and if messi ain't fit then don't play him
  • The possession stats were 55-45 so nowhere near as dominant as has been suggested
  • Sponsored links:

• German bullies.
  • I thought Bayern and especially Martinez did a fantastic job of getting Barca face, and giving them no time on the ball, they out pressed Barca which is rare, and then had the confidence to kill them off with some lovely stuff, the moves for Robben's (yeah it was a foul, but it deserved to be got away with it cause it was so cutely done) and Muller's second, were top top class.

Time for German domination of the Champions League, and I can see Dortmund turning Madrid over.
  • Extremely impressive performance, possibly the best i've seen since Barca destroyed Madrid 5-0 a few years back.

However, yet more questions have to be asked about what the point is of those goal line officials. How they didn't give a foul for Muller's assault on Alba is beyond me. Laughable decision.
  • Barca don't have a Plan B.
  • Barca don't have a Plan B.

Agreed, still think they were better when they had Toure, Henry, Eto'o. Xavi and Iniesta would pull the strings brilliantly in the middle, but they had variety in the strength of Toure, width in Henry and Messi etc. But they've replaced those players with more 'passers' - Busquets, Fabregas types. It means they can hold onto possession even better, but if Messi isn't providing the cutting edge, there is less elsewhere.
  • The second and third goals should not have stood. The second was offside, the third followed blatant obstruction on a defender. I am no lover of the overhyped Barca, but last night ..... they was robbed .... (what DO the spare goal line assistants do all game apart from enjoy superb viewing positions)
  • How a team can have only 2 regular central defenders beggars belief too, it's fine 95% of the time, as the opposition get swept away, but when they meet their match, like last night, the weakness of their spine was exposed.

Didn't Pardew make the same mistake with us in 2008/09?
  • The second and third goals should not have stood. The second was offside, the third followed blatant obstruction on a defender. I am no lover of the overhyped Barca, but last night ..... they was robbed .... (what DO the spare goal line assistants do all game apart from enjoy superb viewing positions)

Not robbed. Bayern should've had 2 clear penalties in the first half. The ref was bad on both teams.
  • Barcelona get thrashed in one match and all of a sudden everyone's making out that they're a bunch of amateurs. Laughable really when you think about what they have won in the past few years.
  • edited April 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="cafctom">Barcelona get thrashed in one match and all of a sudden everyone's making out that they're a bunch of amateurs. Laughable really when you think about what they have won in the past few years.</blockquote>

That coupled with the fact that Bayern had a 2nd leg at home against a sh** arsenal side, and lost 0-2 but progressed only on away goals.
    Lets not forget that Barca beat teams by 4-0, or 5-0 scorelines most weeks at the camp nou.
    Granted, not against the likes of Bayern, but You can NEVER write-off barca.
  • Sponsored links:

• 6 Bayern players a yellow card away from missing the final. Ouch

captain Philipp Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Luiz Gustavo, Dante and Mario Gomez.
  • Robben booked, kinda strange...............no Messi
  • Barca = toothless.
  • One man team
  • It's not like Messi helped them much in the first leg...
  • yes, but it was obvious that he was injured. Came on at the weekend and scored.
    Looks like they got it wrong, should have had him on the bench last week...............might have been playing tonight then. Barca don't look the same without him.
  • One man doesn't make a team, Bayern are just far better than Barcelona.
  • The end of an era.
  • Robben 1-0 stunning goal
  • game over.... if it wasnt already