Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forum Decorum Ethics whatever

Comments

• I think it's great that this is a safe place you can come and share if you want to , or not as the case may be.

Help raise money for the academy or Charlton Upbeats, talk about cardigans or whatever the topic of the day is , live , love laugh and be happy as the song goes.

Charlton Life is a bit Like going down the pub, but a lot cheaper, and without the hangover in the morning.

Sure at times it's a bit near the mark, but by jingo you'd miss it if it weren't here, thankyou Admin!
  • RedChaser said:

I'm a female poster and do find the liberal use of the 'c' word by some posters offensive. I can't see the point in actually typing such words. Surely a point can be put forward without actually using potentially offensive language? Whilst I try not to swear myself, I accept that some people feel the need to do so, but to actually take time to type some words seems unnecessary.

Agree that people should try harder to use the asterisk key. Out of interest are you secretary of Len's fan club?
    I don't think I've ever met Len but our views seem quite similar!
  • this place is like a shelter
  • RedChaser said:

I'm a female poster and do find the liberal use of the 'c' word by some posters offensive. I can't see the point in actually typing such words. Surely a point can be put forward without actually using potentially offensive language? Whilst I try not to swear myself, I accept that some people feel the need to do so, but to actually take time to type some words seems unnecessary.

Agree that people should try harder to use the asterisk key. Out of interest are you secretary of Len's fan club?
    Damn, I was hoping you could get me a signed photo with a 'best wishes always look on the bright side of life and live and let live' personal message :0)
  • nolly said:

this place is like a shelter

For the lost, stray and unwanted.
  • CAFC is a home for the misfits always has been -----thats us all.
  • Care in the (online) community!
  • AKFA - you rightly ban racism and nudity, but I think we should also ban homophobia. Twice a season we play Brighton and the gay jokes before each match and on the match thread are just so 1990s. We don't accept discrimination on the grounds of race so why is discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation OK?

No, it is not 'just a bit of fun' and Brighton themselves have complained about it. Let's Kick it Out.

Have to agree with this can we also add to the list, Baldies, fat people, size zero's,short people, tall people, ginger people, goths, bad dressers & old people, as this is also a form of disicrimination and these people have feelings to.

• and ugg boot owners
  • and ugg boot owners

Male or female ? If male no stuff them they deserve it ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• AKFA - you rightly ban racism and nudity, but I think we should also ban homophobia. Twice a season we play Brighton and the gay jokes before each match and on the match thread are just so 1990s. We don't accept discrimination on the grounds of race so why is discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation OK?

No, it is not 'just a bit of fun' and Brighton themselves have complained about it. Let's Kick it Out.

Have to agree with this can we also add to the list short people

Well said

• we should have 1 day during the year where it is just a free for all, get things off your chest, no holds barred (for charity).
  • blockquote>

Have to agree with this can we also add to the list, Baldies, fat people,short people, bad dressers & old people.

Well said
  • so if you are a short, bald, fat, 87yr old cardigan/flare wearing Nigerian nudist, you will be ok.
  • thats the new owner
  • Your so kind off it beat but is both categories seem a fine place to sit so I wouldn't mind either

Now that uncle bloke he is a nasty bstd

I am one of the most pleasant people on here, thank you very much!! I feel that you bully me at times and i'm drafting a letter of complaint to AFKA.

I think off it is right, you do fall in to one category and its not the genuine and caring one you P****k...

I think more women on here would make it much better cos lets face it most of the blokes are nobs.

@nth london addick Whats happening Saturday?
  • I'm always very nervous about posting, even when I've complimented people they've sometimes got nasty. I have zero anger and absolute respect for people that let me be me, and my main aim on here is to try and spread a little joy and maybe preach some understanding. It hurts sometimes when people cannot see what I'm trying to say or do, but that's the price I pay for being part of this community. CL is a big part of my life! So delicate or not, I'm staying, and no complaints.

• uncle said:

I think more women on here would make it much better cos lets face it most of the blokes are nobs.

I totally agree :-)

• Macronate said:

so if you are a short, bald, fat, 87yr old cardigan/flare wearing Nigerian nudist, you will be ok.

As long as you're gay.
  • Wilma said:

uncle said:

I totally agree :-)

I thought you might.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Of course you have never met Len! No one has. He doesn't really exist. He was invented by those who run the forum to come on and put the so called view of the older fan to remind people how being mid table Prem was nothing to moan about as things had been a lot worse in the past.
    The character was an instant success, he was then given the role to protect our hapless Bulgarian Radostin Kishishev , and then Curbs when he started getting negative comments. When both of these had left the club his creators had to re-invent Len and so widened his range to then fight the battle for the silent majority on everything from Swearing, Sitting/Standing, Singing at games right through to the relationship of the UK within the EU.
    The powers that be have done such a good job that many people believe that they see Len at games. We all know what we think he looks like, sitting there with his daughters and his flask. But of course there are Lens all round the ground.
    The only downside with the monster they have created is that people are always calling for his comments and opinions in the typical "Len Glover" type discussions. So they've created a rod for their own back by having to go through every thread to find the comments like "...cue Len Glover.." or "Can't wait for Len Glovers comments" etc. They call this Moderation.
    Then every now and then they start a thread like this one, just to keep us all believing in that most divisive of posters - Len Glover!
  • well Len was right about Curbs ner ner ner ner ner
  • and we'd have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids
  • About 1pm in the lib or cons mate if you fancy then nip rd get a ticket for the nth upper and annoy NSS
  • About 1pm in the lib or cons mate if you fancy then nip rd get a ticket for the nth upper and annoy NSS

Sounds like a plan...... Rumour has it he's going to be smiling Saturday

Have to agree with this can we also add to the list, Baldies, fat people, size zero's,short people, tall people, ginger people, goths, bad dressers & old people, as this is also a form of disicrimination and these people have feelings to.

Thats about 99.8 % of the people on Charlton Life!

Thats about 99.8 % of the people on Charlton Life!
    Sorry forgot Emo's & Travellers

• What about a swear box? Every time some **** uses a swear word it's £1 in the box for charity. Probably earn enough on here to buy out Jiminez and his clan :-)