Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Los Naranjos De Marbella

Anyone been?

Any tips for family friendly restaurants/bars etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Listen to giggs don't go there , that's my view on it
  • nolly said:

Listen to giggs don't go there , that's my view on it

????

• Is that a dedicated resort/location? I'm in Marbella at least once a year with the family (staying in Estepona, just along the coast)...for eating I would suggest you get yourself into Marbella Old Town of an evening and pretty much any of the restuarants are good for families. If you haven't been, Marbella is split in two by the coast road...south of the road is the beach, north of it, heading up the hill, is the old town. The old town is lots of little lanes and courtyards (and one big square) packed with restaurants and shops. You can while away hours wandering and looking around (well, you can if you're my wife - I prefer to sit down with a beer and people watch)... Restaurants on the main square are more expensive than the ones on the lanes surrounding it. Enjoy.
  • Get your crew down to Yanx, just along from the old bullring in Puerto Banus, for all those ribs, burgers and wings type things.
  • Is that a dedicated resort/location? I'm in Marbella at least once a year with the family (staying in Estepona, just along the coast)...for eating I would suggest you get yourself into Marbella Old Town of an evening and pretty much any of the restuarants are good for families. If you haven't been, Marbella is split in two by the coast road...south of the road is the beach, north of it, heading up the hill, is the old town. The old town is lots of little lanes and courtyards (and one big square) packed with restaurants and shops. You can while away hours wandering and looking around (well, you can if you're my wife - I prefer to sit down with a beer and people watch)... Restaurants on the main square are more expensive than the ones on the lanes surrounding it. Enjoy.

Its a location about 1-2 miles north of Peurto Banus, private villas (friend of the family owns one there)

Been to Marbella and Banus, but only briefly a few years back.

Cheers CC

• Creative Spanish CM?
  • Oranges a speciality?
  • wickford said:

Oranges a speciality?

Apparently, the main square locally was called the orange square as it was lined with Sevilla orange trees

Nice football related story from world cup 1982 here

http://www.marbella.to/marbella/orange_square_west.asp
  • Get to the Oceano Beach Club for Sunday Roast ... Must book. Superb meal then live music and dancing round the pool. Or Nikki Beach if your feeling flush...
  • recommend the golf course play it every year and the 19 hole is great!!
  • Sponsored links:

• cheers, not much pubbing/clubbing to be done, 11 month old baby son will be in tow.
  • If you play golf that course is worth a visit. Not cheap though.

There used to be an Argie restaurant at the back of Puerto Banus that did top drawer steaks. Needs to be booked in advance.
  • Get your crew down to Yanx, just along from the old bullring in Puerto Banus, for all those ribs, burgers and wings type things.

Went to Yanx, huge amounts of food, had the Tony Soprano steak and spaghetti, awesome belly buster, can recommend Bollywood Indian and the Tuk Tuk Asian fusion restaurants, both next to the Aloha gardens complex, Picassos in the port was very good also.

Had a few in the Irish Tavern near the Hipercor on the Sunday for the prem games, worth a visit, also Patricks 19th and the Port side in the port, best was the Astral cocktail bar at the edge of the port near the beach, very good rum cocktails.