Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will we get back into it

OK there's four of us online- presumably listening?

Can we get anything out of this now or are we in for another defeat?

Comments

• can we do it- four online- was the view-

I'm not sure
  • An uphill struggle certainly...
  • I'm still reserving judgement on Dowie but it's getting harder to do. Steve Brown made a good point in light of our defensive mistakes today: Why did we release Perry? Who would you rather have: Perry or Sorondo?
  • I don't know about Sorondo, but I'd have Perry over Herman as a centre-back everytime. Everytime!
  • To be fair Perry left before Dowie joined.
  • Did he? Fair point.
    Brownie said: 'Dowie was scratching his head and staring at the director's box?' Do you reckon that he's getting worried? I think he's been unfortunate with injuries but it sounded as though we just had no spirit out there today.
  • its a crazy situation. Its in my eyes impossible to make a judgement, even going into October.

If anything, i think the club has played down the injury list. If it was somewhere else it would be all over the papers.

Everything appears to be conspiring against us. We either play top clubs, or average clubs 'on a high'.

The trouble is, once the beginning of the season settles down, it becomes a mentality issue. Its now in our minds 'we are going to be in a relegation battle' when realistically we still have another 32 games left.

If fit, Traore would of played, Diawara would of played, so would Pouso, so would either Reid or Thomas. That's four out of ten outfield players.

The important issue in the next two months for me is we make sure we nick some points at home. That will be our bedrock. Shame its flaming Arsenal next.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] it becomes a mentality issue.

The important issue in the next two months for me is we make sure we nick some points at home.

Couldn't have put it better- today was depressing, but we can deal with this situation if we believe in ourselves!
  • Steve Brown also said that Dowie was wearing an earpiece, presumably someone was in the Director's Box passing on comments. We have to support Dowie because he clearly hasn't been able to field anything close to his first choice XI, until Reid, Pouso, Thomas, Diawarra etc are back or at least in contention then we won't know how good he'll be for us. His track record as a manager shows he gets results but likes to play to a certain style and it must be effing frustrating for him that he's had to play teams like Villa and Pompey when they are on a roll plus Chelsea, and Man U which we would never normally expect much from. Slagging him off will be counter-productive and only makes the pressure worse.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/results/default.stm

Looking at the table, we've only played only one team in the bottom half and have played the current top four.
  • @BFR: Alternatively, you could interpret that as the current top 4 are top 4 because they've played us!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    Everything appears to be conspiring against us. We either play top clubs, or average clubs 'on a high'.

The trouble is, once the beginning of the season settles down, it becomes a mentality issue. Its now in our minds 'we are going to be in a relegation battle' when realistically we still have another 32 games left.

Spot on AFKA, but at least we should be confident that Dowie knows a lot about mental toughness and the psychological part of the game. Perhaps, with everything conspiring against us, we'll have something of a seige mentality and approach every game Charlton vs the World... Bring 'em on!!!
  • The problem with a poor start is that there is now little cock-up room, we most likely won't be in the situation we've been in for the last few seasons whereby EPL football is going to be a certainty with around 10 games left. This season it could go to the wire, but looking on the bright side, we could be Spurs...they have few excuses for being where they are.
  • I Like the last comment- I was thinking exactly the same earlier about Spurs. It's ridiculous to get too worried - just three points and you're suddenly catapulted six places higher. It's not like we're in the bottom three at with just six games to go now is it?