Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The £5 pint

Comments

• Options
    Big fan of craft beers which unfortunately normally means paying a little bit extra.. paid £5.80 for a pint of Kernal Galaxy IPA (local Bermondsy brewery) in the Harp at Charing X the other day... granted its above 6%, and being a beer ponce I didn't mind too much.. however, paying anything £2 for a pint of shyte like Fosters/Carling/Kronenborg/Peroni should be punishable by a good kicking....just saying :o)
  • Options

Annoyingly it seems that only a few pubs have knocked a penny of a pint, I know it makes no difference but its the principle.

In my pub they've knocked the Penny off of their main 5 beers but added 5p to a pint of Strongbow.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Curb_It said:

I never realised Perth was so expensive. How long have you lived there. and this is a really random question but do you have a guest currently on her way to visit you?

Perth is probably the most expensive City in Australia, courtesy of the mining boom. I've been living here for 30 years, although I did come back to,live in London wihile my son was at the CAFC Academy from 2000 to 2002. To my knowledge I don't have anyone on their way over for a visit.

• Options
    I've only recently discovered Peroni Gran Riserva. Bottled strong beer, 6.6% ABV. It's bloody lovely. Proper stuff, brewed and bottled in Rome.
    £2 a bottle in Sainsburys, sure I know that's a bit expensive but you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    Tast

Big fan of craft beers which unfortunately normally means paying a little bit extra.. paid £5.80 for a pint of Kernal Galaxy IPA (local Bermondsy brewery) in the Harp at Charing X the other day... granted its above 6%, and being a beer ponce I didn't mind too much.. however, paying anything £2 for a pint of shyte like Fosters/Carling/Kronenborg/Peroni should be punishable by a good kicking....just saying :o)

Is the correct answer - especially the last bit. There is a strong correlation between people who drink lager out of bottles, and being a loud, annoying c**t. Scientifically proven I believe!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I don't think draft Peroni is that good - Moretti is better if you like Itlian - Estrella is one smooth pint, i'd be willing to pay a fiver for at a push.
  • Options
    If you asked more than €3 for a pint of Estralla here you would be laughed at. Its just a bog standard lager Muttley.
  • Options
    Is 5 quid still possible?
  • Options
    Just realised this thread started SIX years ago. I hardly ever go onto pubs nowadays, let alone drink pints. God knows how much a pint is now.

FWIW.....I had a pint of lager on holiday ( it might have been peroni- cant remember) I think the bill, with 3 pints of coke (for the kids) was £12  !!!
  • Options
    Il miss Blackpool away... 2 pints of ale came to ....£3.50
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is 5 quid still possible?
    In my village in Cornwall, I can buy a pint of ale for £3.20 in a Free House.

In a tied Pubco house around here, it costs £3.70.

Pubco tenants having to pay the Pubco top prices for their beer supplies, while the owner of a Free House can shop around for lower wholesale prices - and sell to the customer cheaper.

Not a level playing field.
  • Options
    I like bog standard lager. I think Amstel, Moretti, St Miguel and Estrella on tap are pretty similar, and I like the taste. 
  • Options
    Had a pint in the city the other night, £6.90. Admittedly it was Neck Oil but still, seeing that number pop up on the till did make me wince. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Had a pint in the city the other night, £6.90. Admittedly it was Neck Oil but still, seeing that number pop up on the till did make me wince. 
    Work in the City, £6 is definitely the average pint price anywhere but a Sam Smiths. Live in Peckham and £5+ is the norm. 
  • Options
    Paid well into £6 for a pint yesterday at the Pilot Inn in Greenwich, I was absolutely shitfaced but did a huge double take. 
  • Options
    How long until the £10 pint thread starts?
  • Options
    clive said:
    £1.95 a pint in a pub in Barnsley town centre yesterday.
    The same round in wakefield came to over £4 a pint
  • Options
    How long until the £10 pint thread starts?
    Probably before Roland sells the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you asked more than €3 for a pint of Estralla here you would be laughed at. Its just a bog standard lager Muttley.
    Aren't there different types of Estrella...Green/Red?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clive said:
    The same round in wakefield came to over £4 a pint
    Wakefield's a tad more classy though.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    That is outrageous.  I paid £5.80 for a pint in Camden last night, that was bad enough.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Wetherspoons?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Wetherspoons?
    No
  • Options
    clive said:
    Wetherspoons?
    No,another pub close by,Wetherspoons, £3.09 a pint.
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    Wetherspoons?
    No,another pub close by,Wetherspoons, £3.09 a pint.
    Excellent, there cannot be many boozers in the country doing a pint for that price.  Wetherspoons aside that is.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    That is outrageous.  I paid £5.80 for a pint in Camden last night, that was bad enough.

Erdinger goes down well, at any price.
  • Options
    £6.20 a pint of Camden Hells in the Founders Arms the other lunchtime. Place was banged out too.