Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Charlton kit 2013/14

Comments

• NugNug
    edited April 2013

Michael Slater perosnally told me that next seasons home kit will be yellow in a bid to attract Swedish owners. You heard it here first. They're minted.

Did these in last seasons new kit thread, reckon they might do the trick?

• Stick H&M or IKEA on them and you've got a winner.
  • Nug said:

I'd still like to see an away kit based on the 1965 one.

I'd be all over that...................
  • Nug said:

In an ideal world, would like this to be on the shirts.

Yes please, this I like.

• As mentioned earlier, minus the clown motif maybe?

I like. We will be Disapointed.
  • Stop looking at it as a clown motif , and look at it as advertisement for a children's hospice. Although it would mean a loss of a bit of income for the club.
  • MrOneLung said:

Reminds me of the horror of the centenary shirt

Youre not wrong there....probably the worst in my collection, looks like someone thought it up last minute.

• Nug said:

I figure if I go through the whole catalogue I'll eventually get it right.

Without the white arm bands....
  • Nug said:

Agreed......prefer the 64 version with white socks though :)
  • Nug said:

Liking this
  • Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

Michael Slater perosnally told me that next seasons home kit will be yellow in a bid to attract Swedish owners. You heard it here first. They're minted.

I like all of those...
  • TEL said:

Nug said:

I like all of those...
    Number two is rank, but I really like number three. Reminds me of a couple of the Woolwich kits we had.
  • TEL said:

Nug said:

I like all of those...
    I like us in a yellow away kit. Reminds me of winning the league in 2000. I like the 3rd one here the most.
  • Will the kids kits be snide ones again ?

New teamwear, swedish sponsor ;-)
  • Im thinking Sat will be the big reveal of the new kits....
  • Not that ugly Man U away shirt please..
  • Not a fan of just plain red like this season's one. All the best kits have something a bit more memorable about them
  • Is the current shirt available at discount prices yet ?
  • shine166 said:

Is the current shirt available at discount prices yet ?

A pattern Ive seen with other FL clubs that use Nike as their supplier is lack of discounts on kits. The rest of the stock may go on sale when the new kits are revealed though....
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

shine166 said:

A pattern Ive seen with other FL clubs that use Nike as their supplier is lack of discounts on kits. The rest of the stock may go on sale when the new kits are revealed though....
    cool cheers
  • CAFCTrev said:

shine166 said:

They'll just take the badges off and stick the badges on of the next team to wear the generic red kit!
  • CAFCTrev said:

shine166 said:

Well that makes no sense. Why sell the old kits when the new kits come out? What would that do to sales of a new kit?
  • CAFCTrev said:

shine166 said:

Well that makes no sense. Why sell the old kits when the new kits come out? What would that do to sales of a new kit?
    I said that they will probably discount the old kits when the new ones are available to clear out the rest of the old stock. Youre not gonna throw the old stock away (that you can still make money from) because youre worried it will cannibalise sales of the new ones.
  • Not sure if I've done one like this yet.
  • So why not discount this seasons kits in February (when no one will pay full price) so they're cleared out by the time the new ones arrive ?
  • Nug said:

Not sure if I've done one like this yet.

Don't like the black on the sleeves personally................
  • se9addick said:

So why not discount this seasons kits in February (when no one will pay full price) so they're cleared out by the time the new ones arrive ?

Because if theres no new kits out they have no reason to I guess, the fans will still pay full whack for a kit thats up to date in their eyes.

Bear in mind that youre average footie fan might not be as "kit-savvy" as the people on this thread and therefore wont be scouring the web for leaked kit images half way through the season....

But yeah I would like them to discount kits earlier. A Brentford supporting mate of mine told me they always do a half price kit sale around Feb each season....
  • Also people tend to remember things like that and then everyone refused to buy a kit in January knowing that the sale is coming.

There is no way to win really. I think the current policy of discounting when the new kit comes out is probably the best approach.
  • Does anybody know whether the new kit will be featured in the last game like last year?