Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What Social Class are you?

For a bit of fun the BBC have a 'class predictor'. Apparently I'm a 'New Affluent Worker' although I certainly don't feel like it!

So what does the test say you are?
bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

Comments

• Established middle class

This is the most gregarious and the second wealthiest of all the class groups. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Enjoy a diverse range of cultural activities
    Went to university
    Are comfortably off, secure and established
  • Yep, I too am a 'New Affluent Worker' apparently...
  • New affluent worker

But none of the descriptions On the result match me

Stupid results
  • Technical middle class
  • That short version of the survey is utter rubbish - it has me down as "technical middle class". I don't even know what that is!
    The full test is here https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/labuk/experiments/class/ but takes around 20 minutes.
  • Elite! Surely not!
  • Established middle class.....my arse.
  • cafcfan said:

That short version of the survey is utter rubbish - it has me down as "technical middle class". I don't even know what that is!
    The full test is here https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/labuk/experiments/class/ but takes around 20 minutes.

I do agree that the test does not give a proper reflection of 'who we are'. But that's part of the reason why i started the thread. It's a bit of fun and thought it might start a debate about where we see ourselves individually in society.

• Emergent service worker - mainly because I don't own a home, but choose to rent. Also says I'm financially insecure, which is complete rubbish! But I do have high social and cultural factors, so that's good to know :-)
  • Emergent service worker .....broke artist
  • Sponsored links:

• Established middle class

• Established middle class, shall we do lunch Rothko?
  • edited April 2013
    New affluent workers

This class group is sociable, has lots of cultural interests and is in the middle of all the class groups in terms of wealth. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Are young
    Come from a working class background
    Own their own home

Sounds bang on I'm glad that according to the survey lots of people are in this group.
  • Haha, Elite....and to think I never knew!!! ;0)
  • Elite as well, shame i didnt go to private school (Actually went to the Downs Secondary Modern School in Dartford, no doubt some of the older readers will know how rough this) and i certainly didnt go to a posh university as we couldnt afford too and i had to go straight out to work. Think this whilst being fun is utter garbage as anyone who knows me will know that i am working class, just had a bit of luck work with a load of nice people who comes from varios area of many trades / proffessions and earn a decent wage. How does that make you elite.
  • New affluent workers

This class group is sociable, has lots of cultural interests and is in the middle of all the class groups in terms of wealth. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Are young
    Come from a working class background
    Own their own home

Sounds bang on I'm glad that according to the survey lots of people are in this group.

Im this but could be wrong as i dont own or rent a house so slightly, actually thought it would be more interesting then it was
  • I did go to a private school and I also went to two of the Russell Group Universities, so it might just have got lucky. However I think the biggest difference is based on income and property ownership and my wife and I have tented to keep out homes and raise money on them to buy the next one, which is why we we have in excess of £500k property - which is what I think swings it.

That and that most of our friends are in the 'Elite' group due to where we live and where our son goes (and previously went) to school.

I don't see how something can be assessed from such a small number of questions so it's almost certainly complete rubbish.
  • Elite, WTF !

Straight out to work, certainly nothing like higher education !!
  • Precariat.

No surprise there then, although the test seemed a bit pointless ater the first set of questions regarding your finances, as I did it again changing the first set (to pretend I'm rich) and the answer was elite...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Traditional working class.
  • established middle class
  • Pure
  • Established Middle Class

Enjoy a diverse range of cultural activities - I ticked watch sports and Fbook/ Twitter
    Went to university - No
    Are comfortably off, secure and established - No

Apart from that, seems fairly accurate.....
  • Technical middle class
  • New Affluent Worker - whatever that means...
  • Precariat...lowest of the low.

The nuts thing is that I seem to have a better life than most of my better educated, house owning, friends...plus I'm infuriatingly happy all the time.
  • I am definitely a true blue blooded aristocrat .. I don't know why I mix wiv youse lot
  • Technical middle class,don't you know.