Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Florent Rouamba (new signing CONFIRMED)

Comments

• Options
    Looks like he's been in Moldova as a route to an eu work permit...
  • Options
    Anyone know his football manager stats?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

rananegra said:

Looking forward to seeing him score a goal for us like that one against Alkmaar. And when was the last time we had a player who'd played in a major international cup final?

So Traore doesn't qualify?
    He said 'a player'
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Looks like he's been in Moldova as a route to an eu work permit...

Would be odd considering Moldova are not in the EU.
  • Options
    Come on guys...don't knock a guys ability just because of the league he played in!

Ian Wright played for Greenwich Borough, amateur football.

Gheorje Hagi played in Romania's second division.

Goran Pandev played in Macedonian third division!

They didn't do too badly?

Ten years ago, if someone signed a player from the Ivory Coast, Ghana or Senegal, everyone would be writing the players off. Look at their teams now!!!

Now I'm not saying this guy is amazing, cause I really don't know. But give him a chance! You have to start your career somewhere! If you were a defent tradesman, Would you like it if someone wrote you off, going by your last employer?
  • Options
    Shouldn't a work permit be easier since he has played for his country internationally? I thought that the number of games played helped...
    I watched a lot of the ACN and Burkina faso were a delight in a poor competition. Welcome Florent and I rely on CAFC to make him feel at home.
  • Options
    @_nam11 said

Ten years ago, if someone signed a player from the Ivory Coast, Ghana or Senegal, everyone would be writing the players off. Look at their teams now!!!

Absolutely and now at least Burkina Faso are at least as good as those.
  • Options
    50th best international team in world football.

Better Than Slovakia Slovenia Poland Jamaica Scotland Wales Finland Cameroon

If we signed a regular international from any of these countries there might be some excitement
  • Options
    In the last few years we've seen the likes of Kerkar and Bover hyped up and Yann and Solly written off.

Could turn out to be a great find, but if not it wouldn't have cost us a lot.

After Razak, Jonsson, Frimpong and Gower that's the 5th CM Powell has signed this season. He's tried to improve us in one of our weaker areas, but it's not easy.

As for giving young CMs a chance, Bover has gone, Bradley Jordan only a few months ago won a longer contract and until this season Jordan Cousins spent more time as a defender. They'll play if and when they're ready.
  • Options
    Having eventually located BF on the map whilst watching the Africa cup, I now consider myself an expert on all things BF! But seriously I thought this fella was exciting to watch and had shed loads of natural talent. Hopefully, he'll survive life in a hotel and settles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    I hope he's the new Messiah!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="Shrew">Another player stuck at a hotel, someone go and cheer him up.</blockquote>

Cheering up? Lets hope he just doesnt, in a moment of boredom, find this site and read some of the w***nky comments about him by people with no idea who he is.

Welcome Florent, do well.
  • Options

All these people who come on here slagging players off without seeing them and saying they are shit after one or two games

Are you really that clueless on football

If so stop going and find something else to do

One person has said a negative comment about him, that’s all, and actually part of that comment I agree with, too many of these players come in only to disappear again without kicking a ball. We can’t afford that at this stage of the season. We need a player in to come and do a job straight away we can’t afford to have him get fit in the reserves for 4 games then stick him in a poor team to watch him struggle.

And before anyone says it no i'm not slagging the player off I hope he comes in straight away and does a job and looks a cracking find.

• Options
    Nicholas said:

All these people who come on here slagging players off without seeing them and saying they are shit after one or two games

One person has said a negative comment about him, that’s all, and actually part of that comment I agree with, too many of these players come in only to disappear again without kicking a ball. We can’t afford that at this stage of the season. We need a player in to come and do a job straight away we can’t afford to have him get fit in the reserves for 4 games then stick him in a poor team to watch him struggle.

And before anyone says it no i'm not slagging the player off I hope he comes in straight away and does a job and looks a cracking find.

I'm not at all sure that's why he's been signed though, to come straight in. We've had him for a couple of weeks and obviously liked what we saw. It was said there was "interest" so good on the club for tying him down to us for the last few months and have a real look see. If he shines he will get a start if not then a decision will be made as to whether he's worth retaining in place of perhaps Hughes who I expect to leave. Agree we need a player to come straight in. That was Gower. We haven't the money for more so this was probably cheap given his likely wages in Moldova and I think very astute business.

• Options

I am not going to pass comment until I see him...........

Most wise. Hope it lasts.

which looking at our fixtures, state of our pitch and his fitness levels probably means never.

Pouso anyone ?

Oh.
  • Options
    If he doesn't play this season. Impresses in a few u21 games and starts next season, and is fantastic. It will be "what a shrewd move by CP". Us as humans can be fickle! :)
  • Options
    Who can pronounce the town he was born in? I can't... :)
  • Options

Nicholas said:

I'm not at all sure that's why he's been signed though, to come straight in. We've had him for a couple of weeks and obviously liked what we saw. It was said there was "interest" so good on the club for tying him down to us for the last few months and have a real look see. If he shines he will get a start if not then a decision will be made as to whether he's worth retaining in place of perhaps Hughes who I expect to leave. Agree we need a player to come straight in. That was Gower. We haven't the money for more so this was probably cheap given his likely wages in Moldova and I think very astute business.

10 times out of 10 I would be pleased to get players in early for next season, just seems a bit strange to do it now seeing as we have no money and we have a thread bare squad who look as though they are going to be dragged into a relegation scrap.

_nam11 said:

If he doesn't play this season. Impresses in a few u21 games and starts next season, and is fantastic. It will be "what a shrewd move by CP". Us as humans can be fickle! :)

Even if that means playing in league 1 next season sacrificing the money on him instead of someone who could help us stay up?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

10 times out of 10 I would be pleased to get players in early for next season, just seems a bit strange to do it now seeing as we have no money and we have a thread bare squad who look as though they are going to be dragged into a relegation scrap.

_nam11 said:

Even if that means playing in league 1 next season sacrificing the money on him instead of someone who could help us stay up?

Seriously. Who do you think that we could get in that would realistically help our season for the same money we sign a player from Moldova that probably is costing peanuts and we think might be worth having next year.

• Options
    Greenie said:

I hope he's the new Messi..................ah!

• Options
    Welcome aboard. Good luck and hope you prove a success Florent.
  • Options
    I think bringing in a good defensive midfielder is a great idea. Not that i am expecting miracles but the year we went up in the play offs everyone expected Curbs to go out and get a striker or winger but he ended up bringing in Youds and Mills and look how well they did for use. I just hope this guy along with Gower bring us a bit of confidence to ease any concerns any of us have. If they can pass to our own players consistently they will be a plus factor in my eyes.

If he is good enough and can help us keep a few clean sheets it may give the more attacking players a bit more confidence to go for it up front rather than the entire team sitting back all the time.

Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    He's s***. Just shows how clueless Powell is. I'm not interested anymore anyway.

Wibble.
  • Options
    Madz said:

I think bringing in a good defensive midfielder is a great idea. Not that i am expecting miracles but the year we went up in the play offs everyone expected Curbs to go out and get a striker or winger but he ended up bringing in Youds and Mills and look how well they did for use. I just hope this guy along with Gower bring us a bit of confidence to ease any concerns any of us have. If they can pass to our own players consistently they will be a plus factor in my eyes.

If he is good enough and can help us keep a few clean sheets it may give the more attacking players a bit more confidence to go for it up front rather than the entire team sitting back all the time.

Welcome aboard.

For the record i'm not saying we will be challenging for the play offs, just saying how much confidence decent defensive players can have.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Another player stuck at a hotel, someone go and cheer him up.

Good idea...anyone but Golfie though...

• Options

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

_nam11 said:

Seriously. Who do you think that we could get in that would realistically help our season for the same money we sign a player from Moldova that probably is costing peanuts and we think might be worth having next year.

To get through this season and to stay in this league a loan signing from somewhere, there must be someone we could get.
    To be honest if he get into the team and plays the remainder of the season then great.

• Options
    Loan window is closed I believe. Loans still cost money for players that would turn your season around. We don't have money.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Who can pronounce the town he was born in? I can't... :)

That's easy - Waga do goo