Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

walkers crisps

Given them up due to production moving abroad. Obvious health benefits but is my stand worthless?

Comments

• Pretty much so .
  • Lol.
  • Given them up due to production moving abroad. Obvious health benefits but is my stand worthless?

You can still stand? :-)
  • "Stand against Walkers crisp, when do we want it...now!" Give em hell Wolfy Harvey
  • Yes, I gave up curry and special fried rice for the same reason.
  • isn't it the flavourings that are being made abroad (now), not the actual crisps. Not Walkers' decision/control...

First encountered Walkers in the 70s when i went to uni - they were not available in London back then, and compared to crappy Golden Wonder, they were (and are) miles better. So i'll keep chomping..
  • I'll never forgive Walkers for taking over Smith's crisps, getting rid of Smiths Twists, Smiths Tubes and ballsing up Monster Munch.

Also, salt and vinegar goes in a blue bag!
  • I wont buy them on principle, Gary Lineker's smug face puts me right off, though I think he does a good job for BBC sport
  • And all that ' grab bag ' shit ... same amount of crisps that went in the old normal bag size
  • I'm not really a crisp fanatic. The fact that my favourite is potato flavour says it all really. But Tayto crisps always seem to be the best to me. Can you get them in England or are they NI and Rep of I only?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

I'm not really a crisp fanatic. The fact that my favourite is potato flavour says it all really. But Tayto crisps always seem to be the best to me. Can you get them in England or are they NI and Rep of I only?

They sell them in the pub around the corner from my workplace @ London Bridge :)
  • cafcfan said:

I'm not really a crisp fanatic. The fact that my favourite is potato flavour says it all really. But Tayto crisps always seem to be the best to me. Can you get them in England or are they NI and Rep of I only?

I think Asda sell them, they usually have a small selection of Irish foods next to the Polish foods.
  • Think the best Crisps are local Crisp Tavern, love these always full of flavour
  • They're a multinational anyway aren't they, under the Lays brand?
  • Think the best Crisps are local Crisp Tavern, love these always full of flavour

I agree with this - Tavern Snacks of SE7. Support your local independent business!

Seabrooks Crisps are good too, although made in Bradford so not exactly local. However they are very tasty!
  • Personally I couldn't give a monkeys where they are made.

They could be made in North Korea for all I care, they still taste good, so I will still buy them.

I agree with this - Tavern Snacks of SE7. Support your local independent business!

Seabrooks Crisps are good too, although made in Bradford so not exactly local. However they are very tasty!
    Seabrooks are good - Canadian Ham flavour especially, but nothing beats a bag of Brannigans Beef and Mustard!
  • Walkers crisps are pretty new to me. I don't think they distributed in London in the 60's-80's. It was always Golden Wonder and Smiths when I was young with a bit of KP.
    Golden Wonder Cheese & Onion (in a green bag) were the best. Nothing came close. I really don't know what happened in the 90's onwards, we just seemed to get swammped by Walkers crisps. I now only really eat Walkers C&O. Had a packet of GW the other day, very poor.
    I was in Leicester yesterday funnily enough, the name is everywhere.
  • What do people think of Kettle Crisps, I quite like their ones

This.

Support your local independent business!

• Sponsored links:

• Tavern Snacks nuts always taste stale to me.
  • Riviera said:

Tavern Snacks nuts always taste stale to me.

That's what Curb It says!
  • Riviera said:

Tavern Snacks nuts always taste stale to me.

That's what Curb It says!
    You're the nuts, Mehmet!

• Any danger of Walkers even half filling up their packets?
  • I'm not a fan of Walkers Crisps. It always seems like the packet's been trodden on and they aren't crisp enough for my liking.
  • I'm not a fan of Walkers Crumbs.

It always seems like the packet's been trodden on and they aren't crisp enough for my liking.

My experience also.

• Burt's way ahead of all the others. Easily the crunchiest.
  • anybody else make crisp sandwiches?
  • Oakster said:

anybody else make crisp sandwiches?

Cheese and crisp sarnies. Luvverly.
  • Brannigans Beef and Mustard all day long