Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ASHFORD & SHEPWAY ADDICKS MEETING 4TH APRIL WITH RICARDO FULLER & DAMIAN MATTHEW

The Annual General Meeting of Ashford & Shepway Addicks will take place at the Kennington, Ulley Road, off Faversham Road, Ashford, Kent, TN24 9HX commencing at 7.15pm sharp to be followed at 7.45pm with a Questions and Answers Session with Special Guests Ricardo Fuller and Damian Matthew. Free admission and membership. This event is open to all Charlton supporters, their families and friends. For further information, please either telephone 01303 814766 or email ashfordandshepwayaddicks@talktalk.net

Comments

• What happened to Yann?
  • edited March 2013
    This is a great venue, and I was going to come and drag my Dad along when Yann was coming. I know this sounds a little uncharitable but we are reviewing our decision to go now. It was a logistical nightmare to enable us to get there and we were very interested in seeing what the Frenchman would have to say.

We may still go, but I don't feel quite as motivated now.
  • I was advised by Charlton yesterday afternoon that Yann was unable to attend due to personal reasons. I am grateful to Ricardo and Damian for agreeing to join us at short notice for what should still be a most enjoyable and interesting evening. Look forward to welcoming you all there.

• Is Yann playing golf that day with Stephens?

• Is Yann playing golf that day with Stephens?

You couldn't let it lie, could you.

: - )
  • Hope it's a good night.
  • Fantastic opportunity having Riccy Fuller there IMO bet he's got some great stories
  • Sponsored links:

• As I'm exiled in Cornwall, I'll look forward to the reports!
  • A fantastic night last night.

Ricardo was excellent value as you may have expected. Very honest and had a few stories to tell. Damian kept a few cards to his chest, but was again very honest and open.

Thanks to all that attended.
  • is that it?
  • I'm just about to start work but I'm sure someone else can fill you in!
  • Glad Rick came across well. Look forward to hearing any nuggets from those there...
  • come on spill the beans
  • spoke about his previous time at Charlton, on trial, scored 5 goals in 3 games but failed a medical, was out of the game for 13 months, with a back operation, and recuperation, and was not offered a contract on his return, so signed for Hearts instead.
    Spoke very highly of SCP, reason why he signed, also spoke to Steve Bruce, when he was released from Stoke.
    Very aware of the crowds moans and groans at times, thinks it can put some players off ie confidence when playing another pass.
    He would have been the penalty taker last Saturday, but having tweaked his shoulder in going down in the area, it was left to Yann.
    He prefers playing with Yann, as he is more suited to his game with the flick on's, but also enjoys playing with Danny Haynes.
    Gets on well with Leon Cort , played together at another club.
    Will add some more later
  • Cheers AA
  • Told a story when playing for hearts they lost 12-2, as soon as the game finished, they were taken to a track and made to run around it for 25 minutes, they never lost many games after that !
    Asked who were the best defenders he played against, Vidic, Terry, amongst the best .
    He said when he played for Harry Redknapp, he never took them for training, but was a very good motivational speaker to his players, which SCP has the same qualities,
    He thought most of the players were coping well in the Championship, huge difference from the Premiership with not so much time on the ball.
    In regards to his shoulder he knows if he falls a certain way it will pop out, and thinks he will need surgery at the end of the season.
    Asked who would he go as in the players fancy dress party surprise surprise... Bob marley !
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks, AA.

Good tales from Ric. Did Damien Matthews have anything to say?