Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    The phone conversation between "Tommy" and Sandaza:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn7uxCEVQwk
  • 4.5k pw for the Scottish 3rd Division. jeez.
  • funny. he got what he deserved. he should have spoke to the club first. And I don't even like rangers, but what he did was disrespectful to his employers.
  • edited March 2013
    Not sure what he's done wrong really.

"If you offer me more than I'm currently earning, I'll move" and "I have to be careful because I don't know who I'm talking to" as he repeats. Which player would be any different? I should say that I'm not either side of the Celtic/Rangers fence (and I hope this thread doesn't go that way) but as I listen, it sounds like a self-confessed Celtic fan fishing for bites and not getting anything worth his time.
  • edited March 2013

4.5k pw for the Scottish 3rd Division. jeez.

Compare and contrast with Berwick Rangers in the same division where the players play for wages a la Margate, Tonbridge Angels etc!
  • I've just been to Ibrox for the 0-0 draw with Stirling Albion and I can honestly say that was the worst game of football I've ever witnessed. And there was me thinking last nights game v Eales would be the low point of my trip.

As for Sandaza, his Rangers career is now basically over.
  • Not sure what he's done wrong really.

"If you offer me more than I'm currently earning, I'll move" and "I have to be careful because I don't know who I'm talking to" as he repeats. Which player would be any different? I should say that I'm not either side of the Celtic/Rangers fence (and I hope this thread doesn't go that way) but as I listen, it sounds like a self-confessed Celtic fan fishing for bites and not getting anything worth his time.

Agree. Feel sorry for the guy. All he says is he ain't gonna play forever so wants the best deal for his family. He also says he loves Rangers as a club and loves the fans.
    The guy making the call is a total shit.

• Sandaza has been sacked by the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• The full club statement read: "Rangers announced today that the club has decided to terminate its contract with Francisco Sandaza. The player has been advised of the situation.
    "Francisco spoke at length to someone posing as an agent and engaged in a conversation which the club believes to be a material breach of his contract of employment.
    "The player was suspended but after careful consideration and a hearing with Francisco and his representatives, the club, and our advisors, believe that dismissal is the appropriate course of action.
    "The termination is subject to the right of appeal under SFL rules and there will be no further comment from Rangers on this issue."

Bit harsh that.
  • The full club statement read: "Rangers announced today that the club has decided to terminate its contract with Francisco Sandaza. The player has been advised of the situation.
    "Francisco spoke at length to someone posing as an agent and engaged in a conversation which the club believes to be a material breach of his contract of employment.
    "The player was suspended but after careful consideration and a hearing with Francisco and his representatives, the club, and our advisors, believe that dismissal is the appropriate course of action.
    "The termination is subject to the right of appeal under SFL rules and there will be no further comment from Rangers on this issue."

Bit harsh that.

Crazy, expect a court case. Shows why players use agents.
  • Think its harsh personally. It's not as if he made a direct outbound call into someone to try and get a move. He was presented with a (false) scenario and stated he may be interested, whilst still saying that he was happy at Rangers.
  • If he hadn't been playing absoleutely terribly I'm sure Rangers would have taken an equally principled line. Maybe Sandy can go back to the SPL club that he joined the 3rd Division club from - of course his 500% wage increase that he got joining the financially wiped out Rangers, is gone.
  • If he hadn't been playing absoleutely terribly I'm sure Rangers would have taken an equally principled line.

You do wonder if they'd have sacked the player had it been the likes of McCulloch, Little or Templeton.

• is he any good?, doubt this would've happened if he were a vital first teamer
  • I thought he was being honest...what footballers don't think about money when making moves?

• yep if it was Kerkar when he was there they'd have been a lot more lenient
  • Who knows, maybe Rangers orchestrated the whole thing from start to finish to get him off the wage bill!

No, he's pish. Looked very handy last year, but has gone to bits.
  • Sponsored links:

No, he's pish. Looked very handy last year, but has gone to bits.
    He's been Charltonised! Except not by Charlton obviously... To the rumours thread!
  • Seemed quite low key but Charles Green stepped down very suddenly amid links being revealed to disgraced former saviour Craig Whyte and rumoured future revelations. I've heard it on good authority that outgoings are off the scale and there's a real possibility of another administration and even a second liquidation of Newco5088. Might explain why they were keen to get a 7k a week player off the books with such haste.