Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Hayes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21743111

Watching the FL show on Saturday, I hadn't realised Paul Hayes had gone on loan to Crawley, and scored for them at the weekend. So much for him and BWP up front together!

Comments

• My brentford mate really doesn't rate him, they think he's absolutely terrible round here.
  • Paul Hayes is one of those players who, in one game, will be a mix of mistakes and excellent play. He doesn't win headers so is slightly limited as a target man and doesn't have pace but if he plays with an intelligent striker and midfielders, he can look good. He's been overshadowed at Brentford by Clayton Donaldson and Rosler has often preferred Trotta (on loan from Fulham) as the 2nd striker. As we at Charlton know, Hayes is NOT a good striker to bring on late in a game (Stevenage away last season...). BUT if he plays at a club where he will be considered the main striker, then he can do well (Wycombe last season and maybe similar to Clarke at Chesterfield, Scunthorpe and now Coventry). Some strikers need to feel as though they are the main man and given Crawley's injuries, I expect Hayes to do well there.

PS: He's still the only Charlton player I've ever seen score with a back-heel.