Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Appleton sacked - (2013 thread resurrected for wishful thinking purposes.)

JTJT
edited January 20 in Other Football and Sports
You guessed it.

Sacked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21843906

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4849324/Michael-Appleton-sacked-by-Blackburn.html
MICHAEL APPLETON has been sacked as Blackburn boss after just two months in charge.
The decision comes after Rovers were forced to come from behind to draw against fierce local rivals Burnley on Sunday.
Rovers were also knocked out of the FA Cup by Championship rivals Millwall last week.
The club is also lying 18th in the division just four points off the relegation zone.
Appleton learned the news this morning, with the players said to be shocked by the decision by club owners Venky's.
The former Preston midfielder left Blackpool to join Rovers in the new year after just 65 days in charge at Bloomfield Road.
In 15 games he won four, drew five and lost six

Comments

• It makes a change him being sacked rather than resigning
  • ridiculous decision by the board again who in there right mind is going to take that job
  • What a joke of a football club, I reckon they'll drop!
  • I hope he gets another job before the end of the season - that would have to be some kind of record.
  • Incredible. So the next idiot to take the job will be their sixth manager of the season by my reckoning...
  • not at all surprised. basket case of a Club at the moment. Probably reappoint Steve Kean now.
  • Curbs for Blackburn
  • The lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum.
  • not at all surprised. basket case of a Club at the moment. Probably reappoint Steve Kean now.

Wouldnt be surprised !
    Think they are a good bet now for the drop TBH
  • What a way to repay the loyalty he's shown.

• Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013
    It is a sad day football in my eyes, the game I love is well and truly going down the tubes.
  • Warnock to Blackburn ?
  • No comedy writer could even come close to what is going on at Blackburn. What a complete joke of a club. I know we are not all happy with what`s going on at The Valley but this makes feel a whole lot better about things.
  • Good.

I dislike Blackburn
  • Warnock to Blackburn ?

Who's gonna accept the job now ? certainly not someone who's already got one.
  • edited March 2013
    I think Blackburn should try the "Have I got news for you" approach.
    Just appoint a different manager for each game. No sackings, no demos, no compensation, everyone's happy :-)
  • fowl decision by venkys
  • Only got himself to blame for going to such a ridiculously run club in the first place when he had a perfectly decent job at Blackpool.

Well done Michael.
  • No sympathy for him. He should never have left Blackpool for them muppets.
  • Wonder which job he is being lined up for next? Charlton perhaps? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps he could replace Benitez and try and be knocked out of the FA CUP for a 4th time this season.

Deserves what he gets after dumping Blackpool so quickly.
  • edited March 2013
    I really couldn't understand why they appointed him in the first place. He took charge at Portsmouth & they were relegated. I admit that probably no one could have kept them up, but I couldn't see anything to suggest he was a good manager. He has Lee Clark's personality & Voldemart's appearance.

He did nothing special at Blackpool. The only reason Blackburn appointed him is because they are clueless.

I bet big Sam's sides are splitting. It was a ridiculous decision to sack Allardyce & appoint Kean & I'm glad they are struggling. I hope the same happens to W Ham if they sack Big Sam.
  • I can`t believe he keeps getting these jobs, hasn`t exactly achieved much in management. Is there really such a shortage of managerial talent that he is the only option?
  • E-cafc said:

I can`t believe he keeps getting these jobs, hasn`t exactly achieved much in management. Is there really such a shortage of managerial talent that he is the only option?

I've often wondered that - what is it that he has that makes him a wanted man ?
  • bet Blackburn's fans didn't have to traipse round the houses after they played Burnley.
  • I think Blackburn should try the "Have I got news for you" approach.
    Just appoint a different manager for each game. No sackings, no demos, no compensation, everyone's happy :-)

This. Pre-match announcements would be "And today's special guest manager is....Ron Atkinson!"

• I guess for a rovers fans this must feel like the opposite of 95? So on that basis I'm not going to feel sorry for them!
  • edited March 2013
    Players cant play for more then 3 clubs a season, Clubs shouldnt be allowed to appoint 3 or more managers a season.
  • It'll be fascinating who takes the job, no doubt the next new manager will make the usual comments about this being a long term project, stability etc

Who's available now, who'd be that desperate?