Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

lá sona st Pádraig

Comments

• DA1 said:

i cant wait for Ibn Al-Farid's special day - my favourite muslim saint he is

When is it? Any excuse for a bit of a shindig :o)
  • My mother-in-law is Irish so hope she has a nice day.

Just wondering, but do Irish people wish good luck to the English in Dublin on St Georges Day?

Just wondering, but do Irish people wish good luck to the English in Dublin on St Georges Day?

Rhetorical question? ;o)

Can't see why they wouldn't. They'd be a lot friendlier that the Scottish if you did it in Glasgow!
  • I can't drink Guiness,it has fish enzymes in it! Have a good 'un though!

Myth. The Veggie society say there aren't. Might have a quick half at lunchtime (to celebrate being 1/16th Irish apparently !).;-)

Happy St.Patrick's Day y'all !

So you're only 15/16 mog?
    If you're still sober enough to read this, nope:
    Also 1/8th Portuguese.
    (nope, I not sure either !)
    ;-)

• redsek said:

My mother-in-law is Irish so hope she has a nice day.

Can't see why they wouldn't. They'd be a lot friendlier that the Scottish if you did it in Glasgow!
    Not really but St.George's Day is nowhere near as popular or are as celebrated as paddy's day.

Myth. The Veggie society say there aren't. Might have a quick half at lunchtime (to celebrate being 1/16th Irish apparently !).;-)

Also 1/8th Portuguese.
    ;-)

MOG, I been off the beer for a couple of years.

• lá sona st Pádraig

Happy St. Patrick's Day. Have a good one each & all, you don't have to be Irish to enjoy, but it helps.

slainte

Also 1/8th Portuguese.
    ;-)

MOG, I been off the beer for a couple of years.
    Should you not be called guinnlessaddick then?
  • Stig said:

Not sure why anyone thinks you have to be Irish to celebrate. St Patrick wasn't Irish, he was British. He was abducted at 16 and taken to Ireland to work as a slave-shephard.

If ever there was a reason not to celebrate it's the whole notion of sainthood - you'd have to spend a long time looking to find a more ridiculous notion.

I don't care though. I'm more than happy enough to fall prey to the Guinness family's marketing tactics.

And St George never came to or had anything to do with England - he was a Greek born in Palestine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George

• Sponsored links:

• micks1950 said:

Stig said:

Not sure why anyone thinks you have to be Irish to celebrate. St Patrick wasn't Irish, he was British. He was abducted at 16 and taken to Ireland to work as a slave-shephard.

If ever there was a reason not to celebrate it's the whole notion of sainthood - you'd have to spend a long time looking to find a more ridiculous notion.

I don't care though. I'm more than happy enough to fall prey to the Guinness family's marketing tactics.

And St George never came to or had anything to do with England - he was a Greek born in Palestine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George

To be honest, I don't think I believe either story.
  • Slainte @guinnessaddick‌ good to see you in Sheffield.

Zzzzz.
  • Not exactly their funniest piece.
  • Happy St Patrick's day to everyone. You don't hve to be Irish to enjoy it, but it helps.
  • Happy paddies day all

• Happy St Patricks day all.

Someone posted some interesting info on his life on Facebook and I never realised the man himself was actually British.
  • se9addick said:

Happy St Patricks day all.

Someone posted some interesting info on his life on Facebook and I never realised the man himself was actually British.

Yeh, he was a 6'3'' skinhead from Chelmsford called Malcom...
  • Sponsored links:

• If St Patrick's Day wasn't associated with getting as drunk as humanly possible I imagine it'd be even less celebrated by the non-Irish than St David's Day.
  • Quiz question. What other nation also has a public holiday in honour of St Patrick?
  • cabbles said:

Quiz question. What other nation also has a public holiday in honour of St Patrick?

Montserrat
  • cabbles said:

Quiz question. What other nation also has a public holiday in honour of St Patrick?

Montserrat
    correct. that's that done with then guinness :wink:
  • St Andrews Day is a non-event in Scotland.
  • cabbles said:

Nigeria
  • I've worn green socks to work by coincidence and all the Irish folk in the office are complimenting me for it. I'm just rolling with it if I'm honest.
  • NO CHANCE.
  • cabbles said:

Nigeria
    guinnessaddick Member
    1:44PM
    cabbles said:

Montserrat