Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Man City-Chelsea

Currently one nil to Chelsea - a Lampard penalty.

And half-time.

Chelsea look to be playing a strong XI, with only Shevchenko of the regular starters on the bench, although it could be argued that makes their starting team stronger.

Comments

• Good. I'm watching the tennis - Andy Murray - instead. (Duck before all the anti-Scottish comments...)
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Good. I'm watching the tennis - Andy Murray - instead. (Duck before all the anti-Scottish comments...)

wasn`t Murray brought up in Spain?
  • No, he went to a training camp there when he was about 16 for a year or two.

He's from Dunblane - and went to the school where the terrible shooting was. He was a couple of years older than the kids that were killed, but was in the school at the time.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Good. I'm watching the tennis - Andy Murray - instead. (Duck before all the anti-Scottish comments...)[/quote]

A set and a break up...he should have the match sorted and with Federer and a few other seeds out that should give him a decent chance.
  • Thanks BFR - yep, let's see if he can cope with the pressure of being a favourite - a very unScottish experience!
  • But....Osasuna 1-0 Rangers

Osasuna 2-1 up on aggregate, so not all good news for the Scots.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Thanks BFR - yep, let's see if he can cope with the pressure of being a favourite - a very unScottish experience![/quote]

Didn't Jockey Wilson win the darts world championship once?
  • Not too bothered about Rangers, to be honest - or darts for that matter! I'm half English. half Scottish, and the English side of me wins whenever the two teams meet. Just interesting being part of the psyche living here - talk about pessimistic underdogs -think even Pards would have his work cut out getting them to 'BELIEVE'.
  • Meanwhile....Tottenham 2-2 Braga (agg 5-4) .
  • Come on Jorge!
  • Sponsored links:

• Jorge Costa is a star-amongst many display's of his class- saw him skin Owen at Anfield- amazing!

Nevertheless- No influence on our match so don't give a ^%$&.

just need to see Citeh lose, and preferably by many!
  • 1-0 Top Result. City were shit, but chelsea wasn't much better.
  • Shame it wasn't by many, but a result anyway.
  • They lost- that's all that matters!

Pearce may well be sacked in the next 48hrs- me thinks.
  • I'll take the 0-1, but flippin heck Chelsea, don't do us any favours will ya. One penalty for the win... I was hoping for 0-4 and a Citeh collapse.

Beggars can't be choosers I suppose ;-)
  • Back to the earlier digression - Murray just won - most unScottish!
  • City now have minus 14 goal difference and 30 points to our minus 23 and 24 points, losing a bit more heavily won't make a great deal of difference, except that it might have made morale at City just that bit worse.

And Murray has beaten Davydenko in straight sets.
  • But Spurs now 3-2 up, 6-4 on aggregate. Good to see Jorge passing on his defensive skills - not!
  • Chelsea have come off the back of a few tough games in Europe, the FA Cup and the league. I think they went out to play for a narrow win and three points.

Villa lost too and it looks like Braga are out the UEFA cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I'll take the 0-1, but flippin heck Chelsea, don't do us any favours will ya. One penalty for the win... I was hoping for 0-4 and a Citeh collapse.

Beggars can't be choosers I suppose ;-)

I'm rather pleased that they didn't get hammered. That might have been the end for Pearce and a new manager might have brought a fresh impetus. I reckon Pearce will now be there for the rest of the season. As Peter Reid said, they can't buy a goal at the moment so that's where they're going to struggle.
  • they've had a bad run, 5 defeats in a row, but we need the bad run to continue to get any benefit from it, and i'm sure somewhere down the line they are going to get some luck, purely due to law of averages.

Its the next four games that are crucial to them:

Saturday, 17 March 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Middlesbrough v Man City, 15:00

Saturday, 31 March 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Newcastle v Man City, 15:00

Friday, 06 April 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Man City v Charlton, 17:15

Monday, 09 April 2007
    Barclays Premiership
    Fulham v Man City, 15:00

They have to get points from those game, because following that will be home to Liverpool and away to Arsenal.

Sadly i think they will get 3-4 points from their next three games, and then 4-6 from the two following the Arsenal game, Watford away and Villa at home.

That should take them to 38-40, which i think may prove enough. They certainly don't want to leave it to the last two games, United at home and Spurs away.
  • Spot on AFKA. I reckon we need to get 42 points to survive and I just can't see it happening.
  • you right, i won't happen. 18 out of 27 points is unrealistic when we only have 24 all season.

that is why we've got to work our hides off to make sure we get to the late 30s, and pray someone has a bad run.
  • Believe.....its gonna be tough but we will do it - dont suppose we could put a case to the FA to extend the season by 5 matches as we weren't ready at the start of the season?
  • well listening to peter reid and goddle after the game they seem to believe we can catch them.

god its going to be soooooo exciting!!! im loving it.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

Sadly i think they will get 3-4 points from their next three games, and then 4-6 from the two following the Arsenal game, Watford away and Villa at home.

That should take them to 38-40, which i think may prove enough. They certainly don't want to leave it to the last two games, United at home and Spurs away.

AFKA, I make you so wrong !! They may get a point at Boro but they'll get nothing at Newcastle. They will then NOT beat us, a draw maybe but seeing as we'll pick up four points from our next two games that'll put us just three,at worst, behind them after the Good Friday game and with games then to come we have more than a good chance. I still believe Sheff Utd are going to get sucked right into this. After this weekend we could be just four points behind them and with them to visit The Valley then it's all to play for. Plus I think we are in the position where we have nothing to lose whereas these other teams have and it's them that are approaching squeeky bum time and I think more than a couple of bums are really going to start squeeking.
  • Wigan, Sheff Utd and even Villa are still in the mix but I think we all know that City are the ones we have to catch. I'm confident we can win more games than City and since we have to play City our destiny is our own hands.

But I can't really be arsed doing any predictions etc., basically we just need to take one game at a time ... and that means we going all out for three points on Sunday.