Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favorite Films/TV shows as a kid

13»

Comments

• Showing your my age !
  • Chocablock was mustard!
  • Tell Me A Story presented by Christopher Lilycrap.
  • edited March 2013
    There's a new kids programme out at the moment called Old Jack's Boat with Bernard Cribbins which reminds me of the style of programmes I used to watch. A bit like Jackanory but with a bit of acting leading up to and after it. My 4 year old loves it.
  • Karate Kid films were always up there as a kid.

Now there's the YouTube Premium TV show Cobra Kai...

It's surprisingly good. And you can get a 1 month trial of YouTube Premium to watch it.
  • TV - Round the Twist, Grange Hill, Jossys Giants, The Emu/Grotbag Show
    Films that I watched over and over and knew every word - Stand By Me, Goonies, Return of the Jedi, Big, Time Bandits (tried endearing my kids to Time Bandits, lasted 25 minutes, load of old shite)
  • Star Fleet, still catch myself humming the Brian May theme on occasion :wink:
  • The Tomorrow People
  • edited September 2018
    Off the top of my head:

Playbus
    Rainbow
    Sooty
    Land of the Giants
    Dinasours
    Teenage Mutant
    Gazetta Football Italia
    Home and Away
    Finders Keeper’s
    Funhouse

Karate Kid
    Home alone
    Hunny I shrunk the kids.
    Free Willy
    Mrs Doubtfire

Remember my slightly younger bro loving:

Stingray
    Due South
    Thunderbirds among others.
  • I bloody loved Fun House with Pat Sharp. In reality it was awful, but I loved it as a kid!
  • Sponsored links:

• I used to religiously watch No.73 with Sandie Toksvig and Neil Buchannan but apart from the sandwich making quiz bit I can’t for the life of me remember what else was on it.
  • edited September 2018

I used to religiously watch No.73 with Sandie Toksvig and Neil Buchannan but apart from the sandwich making quiz bit I can’t for the life of me remember what else was on it.

I hum this theme tune as well, mostly when driving along that little lane to dartford where, when I was a kid, there was a house on the right hand side where the owners had a bright red garage door with a full size yellow “70” painted on it. I used to think there was some connection, Toksvig has always looked like a Dartford girl to me...
    Anyway the new owners (or ones from 15-yrs ago) have gotten rid now, the swines.
    Hey you get ready, get on your feet, get into gear (*controversial), don’t act so sweet.....
  • The Appleyards.....circa 1956.
  • Time bandits and star wars the original for films
    TV was swap shop, why don't you, crackerjack
  • edited September 2018
    Bill & Ben, Muffin the Mule, the Woodentops, Twizzle .. and later on William Tell, Ivanhoe and Robin Hood .. chuck in a bit of Davy Crockett as well (more cinema than TV) and the various Anderson puppet shows
  • Valley of the Gwanji anyone? It was a 50 year pre Jurassic Park.